Sinclair Broadcast Group is looking for a Senior Producer, Podcasts to lead the charge on developing and producing a slate of audio series spanning multiple formats and content genres.
We're looking for someone to play an integral part expanding our podcast portfolio, leveraging deep archives to bring compelling stories to life through a variety of formats. The role requires someone who is extremely passionate about engaging audio content; working alongside journalists, editors, hosts, and other producers to identify which stories deserve to be told, and how we will tell them.
The ideal candidate is an experienced producer with the ability to oversee all aspects of show production, seamlessly moving between reporting, recording, editing, mixing, and project managing. Having a keen ear for story structure, show voice/tone, and sound design, with the ability to lead teams in executing that vision, will be crucial. Someone who is a self-starter, creative, outside-the-box thinker, calculated risk-taker, and willing to take on new challenges.
What You'll Do:
• Work in collaboration with VP, Audio Programming and other internal stakeholders to launch and expand Sinclair's podcast portfolio
• Ideate and pitch internal teams on new series ideas, creatively pushing the boundaries of audio, reporting, and storytelling
• Seek, identify, and vet promising stories that deserve to be told. Discover unique angles that will separate us from others
• Lead a small team consisting of reporters, hosts, editors, and/or producers on each series, creating a collaborative environment
• Write show scripts and episode outlines alongside hosts and reporters
• Coordinate guest appearances and recording sessions, prepare hosts for interviews with outlines and thoughtful questions
• Assist in researching and reporting for episodes, parse through archival audio to incorporate into episode structure
• Coach hosts/talent in recording sessions, ensuring proper VO delivery while maximizing their skillsets
• Provide thoughtful, informative, and productive feedback to internal teams throughout the production process in order to achieve the best product
• Ensure that all deliverables are produced to the highest standard and distributed on time
• Analyze audience and show data to make informed editorial decisions
• Manage production budgets and editorial calendars, ensuring projects stay on track to achieve benchmark goals
• Assist in the development and launch of other series at the company, providing guidance and best practices
• Other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
• 5+ years in content development, production, and editing for radio or podcasts, ideally in a journalistic environment
• A portfolio that showcases an ability to create compelling and engaging stories
• Efficient time management and organization skills, managing multiple projects at different stages while meeting deadlines
• Excellent writing acumen, experience writing show scripts and outlines for audio
• Proficiency in audio editing (Adobe Audition or Pro Tools), and quality control
• Exceptional editorial judgement, ensuring reporting is accurate and follows guidelines
• A vision to create IP that can span multiple channels, including social, digital video, linear, and more
• Flexibility to work occasional nights and/or weekends, as projects and deadlines call for
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The base salary compensation range for this role is $100,000 to $130,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzz0vn-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.