Sinclair Broadcast Group's Corporate Accounting department is seeking a talented, enthusiastic Senior Financial Analyst to join a growing team responsible for Distribution Revenue Accounting and Reporting.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive individual who can work both independently and collaboratively. As a key team member, you will be integral in the constant innovation of our business processes and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with various groups to complete the annual budget and quarterly forecasts
• Responsibility for monthly financial summaries including reconciliation to the general ledger
• Complete variance analysis on each business segment's Distribution Revenue performance against forecasts, budgets, and prior period actuals
• Compile market data from third party data sources (e.g. S&P Global Market Intelligence)
• Provide data to and consult with Business Development and other departments for financial analysis and reporting related to special projects and company initiatives
• Assist with auditor requests during quarterly reviews and the annual audit
• Identify and implement process improvements
• Establish strong working relationships and maintain effective communication with numerous corporate personnel, including but not limited to, Distribution, Accounting, FP&A, Treasury and Legal
• Collaborating with accounts receivable to ensure proper billing of customers in conformance with contract requirements
• Complete ad-hoc reporting, analysis and other projects as needed
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and contractual terms
• BS degree in Accounting/Finance
• At least 2-4 years of proven work experience as a Financial Analyst
• Advanced Excel skills required
• Proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook is required
• Strong aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong strategic thinking and an ability to solve problems creatively
• Ability to work independently as well as on a team, with strong verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to deliver high quality results under tight deadlines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekmz7-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.