We are seeking a Senior Director of Ad Operations to lead Sinclair's owned and operated advertising team that delivers ads across all of Sinclair's news and entrainment sites as well as Bally Sports, Tennis Channel, NewsOn and STIRR. The ideal candidate will be an expert in the Google Ad Manager platform, with a deep understanding of all features related to inventory structure and monetization efficiency. Data analysis is a key to success in this role, and the most qualified candidates will be able to effectively find and deploy data-driven strategies that increase yield. Technical problem solving, as well as internal and vendor relationships will also be important as this Senior Director of Ad Operations is a central link to all aspects of digital monetization. A high-level attention to detail is a requirement, as is proven success in managing a team of ad ops managers. This is a position that is embedded in an evolving technical landscape so the ability to strategize and execute plans effectively is crucial to success.
• Manage a team of Google Ad Manager campaign traffickers, campaign analysts and account managers that are based in the US and overseas.
• Will work closely with our Sr. Director of Product Monetization on strategy and alignment across sales and product needs
• Must be able to have high level conversations around and provide input on ad tech solutions
• Will work closely with programmatic sales leaders, and must have high level understanding of the programmatic ecosystem and, third-party technologies
• Leverage data, analyze yield, look for patterns, recognize opportunities and determine solutions
• Partner with executive leadership on yield strategy and quantify yield potential
• Develop marketing strategies to achieve business objectives
• Will be responsible for defining department standards, growth metrics and benchmarks
• Must be able to troubleshoot, provide direction with a solutions-oriented approach and resolve issues with awareness of when it is necessary to escalate issues
• Must be able to educate and guide team members and fellow digital leaders on best practices, and be able to proactively address areas where improvement is needed
• Provide mentorship and support to staff
• BA/BS Degree in marketing, business, communications or relevant field
• 7+ years-experience in digital advertising operations
• 3+ years-experience overseeing a team of 10 or more people
• In-depth knowledge of Google Ad Manager and other digital ad traffic systems
• In-depth knowledge of Google Analytics
• Experience and knowledge with programmatic media platforms
• Must be exceptionally organized, and be able to work in a fast-paced changing environment
• Expert level proficiency with Microsoft office suite, especially Excel
• Strong written and verbal communication skill
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7n8w6-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.