Software Development Manager
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Senior Development Manager - (Audience Web)
Sinclair Digital is a division of Sinclair Broadcast Group with dual headquarters in Seattle, WA and Hunt Valley, MD. Sinclair Digital was formed in February of 2014 with the goal of making the nation's largest broadcaster a leader in digital media and content distribution on all platforms. In the past 5 years, Sinclair Digital has amassed a 100+person team of innovative leaders, designers, developers and testers that are launching digital properties and new brands on web, mobile, and ott devices that reach more then 40 million people every month.
The Audience Team is looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to drive key engineering and business decisions and to own web development end-to-end. This role will lead a team of ~8 engineers in the development of robust, scalable, and efficient software using industry best practices.
• Manage team project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
• Partner with engineers and architects to design and build optimal solutions
• Manage departmental resources and staff to build and maintain a high-performing team
• Report on progress, quality, operations, and system performance
• Research and pioneer the adoption of new technology and process
• Mentor team in technical and professional best practices
• 3+ years of experience leading teams in an agile environment
• 5+ years of experience client-side development
• Robust knowledge of design patterns and standards
• Experience with many aspects of SDLC and deploying software to production
• A collaborative, flexible, positive mindset
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
• Experience with building and deploying server-side technologies and services
• Experience with one or more advertising platforms and APIs
• Experience with building automation to improve or automate workflows
• Passion for supporting the growth and improvement of everyone around you
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o1pv-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.