Senior Devops Engineer
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Remote / Virtual
Sinclair has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Developer. We are searching for a creative individual with an understanding that development is an iterative process and enjoys the challenge of managing the creation and support of complex applications.
The enterprise systems that the position will be exposed to range from large ERP databases and highly transactional sales systems to data warehousing and reporting systems, each with many integrations and dependencies. These systems support both our business and media operations and service thousands of internal and external customers.
• Build and support applications involving complex integrations and workflows across the enterprise.
• Leverage Sinclair standards to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
• Support technology upgrades and perform technical troubleshooting/issue resolution
• Ensure that code conforms to business requirements/company policies, security requirements, software quality standards, and established procedures
• Design, document and implement procedures and techniques that are consistent with best practices for analyzing, testing, and evaluating the risk (software & business), accuracy, completeness, internal integrity/consistency, testability and overall quality of system
• Submit and track production (maintenance) and release issues
• Collaborate on and adhere to coding standards, methodologies and sustainable processes
• Collaborate on and adhere to performance metrics to establish process success
• Build a solid rapport with colleagues across Sinclair Technology Partners (STP) including those working in Systems, Security, Communication, Quality, Product Ownership and Analysis.
• Comply with SDLC and Change Management process.
• Record metrics associated with estimation, task management and time tracking in Azure DevOps.
• Maintain documentation, possibly including relationship diagrams, package documentation, and maintenance manuals.
• After hours monitoring of managed systems and emergency problem resolution
• Bachelor's degree in IT discipline or equivalent work experience
• 8+ years software development experience
• Extensive experience in designing and developing system integrations
• Experience in report development and report development tools (i.e. Microsoft SSRS, PowerBI)
• Boomi experience strongly preferred
• Experience with business process automation tools (e.g. Pega) preferred
• Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience; experience in driving change in current SDLC with a strong continuous improvement mindset
• Experience with common development tools (i.e. Microsoft Visual Studio, Azure DevOps), source control management system (i.e. Team Foundation Server) preferred
• Excellent technical writing skills with experience documenting and analyzing complex business rules/processes utilizing wireframes and data/process flow diagrams
• Solid experience querying and analyzing complex databases; experience working with relational databases
• Experience with enterprise integration tools, middleware technologies, and application and data integration patterns including ESB, MOM, JMS, SOAP/REST web services, databases, ETL preferred
• Agile experience a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2412-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.