We're looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to design, build and maintain API's and services (with potential for remote work). If you are highly motivated, creative and versatile with experience designing and coding large-scale interactive platforms, this role just might be for you! Our ideal candidate has experience with SOA and fluency in one or more of the following: C# (preferred), C++, JAVA, Python, and/or other higher-level languages. Significant experience translating functional objectives into detailed architectural models and specifications is a must, as is having a thorough understanding and experience of applicable technologies with the full development stack.
You will be expected to work with stakeholders, senior management, and cross functional teams in a matrix organization earning the respect and support of all team members.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Work with Frontend and Backend Architects to lead, design and code performant and scalable solutions
• Work with Development, Product/Program Management and Test Leadership to plan and deliver on the entire product lifecycle ensuring tradeoffs are evaluated and deadlines are met in order to deliver high software quality and security
• Design, build and maintain API's and services
• Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
• Lead complex programming tasks and perform code reviews
• Establish and track metrics related to key performance objectives and service levels
• Encourage a ''Best Idea Wins'' mentality, regardless of source
What You Need:
• 7+ years of experience in Backend Development
• 5+ years of experience with many of the following technologies:
• REST services
• Solr / Lucene
• Caching solutions and strategies including Memcached, CouchDB, RedisQ , etc.
• SQL Databases (MySQL and SQL Server preferred)
• Experience with Infrastructure, Hardware, Operating Systems and Security
• Strong foundation in Test-driven development including Unit, AppliSation and Integration testing
• Experience working with Agile Development Methodologies (Scrum)
• Strong communication skills with a track record of working with and collaborating with cross-functional teams
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
• Ability to influence others and identify best solutions among many stakeholders
• Nice to have experience: :
• Facebook Ads and Google Ads
• AdTech / MarTech
• Data Integration leveraging MapReduce, HBase, Hive, Pig, Spark, Mongo, etc.
• Predictive Analytics/Machine Learning
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Compulse is a leading marketing technology company for media companies and agencies. Our single-solution platform makes digital marketing easier by combining sales enablement, order management, fulfillment, and analytics, all consolidated into one UI.
The platform leverages more than 200 API integrations with leading martech solutions to streamline ad ops from proposal to fulfillment. Our customers use our powerful and easy-to-use tools to attract, engage, and delight customers.
With US offices in Baltimore, Denver, Seattle, Bellevue, New York City, and San Francisco, and international offices in Delhi, St Petersburg, and Bogota, our team is passionate about putting our customers first.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq88km-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.