We are seeking a Security Engineer. Sinclair, Inc. is one of the largest news, sports, and entertainment companies in the United States. We operate over 200+ stations in 90+ markets. We have been able to achieve this scale through continuously improving our core capabilities through focusing upon achieving technological innovation.
• Perform day to day maintenance and address issues associated with multiple security products as assigned; CrowdStrike, Tanium, Splunk, Zscaler
• Assist with creation of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Troubleshoot common security toolsets and provide support to internal business units
• Consumption of SOPs to perform security operations work
• Perform testing of security controls to harden platforms and systems
• Create whitelist and blacklists within multiple platforms to respond to security threats
• Assist and perform incident response where assigned
• Onboard and/or integrate solutions with vendor or custom based scripting
• Develop and maintain automation capabilities between security tools
• Complete tasks for Information Security projects that align with Sinclair's organizational goals
• Implement necessary enhancements/updates/upgrades to existing security products as they relate to security posture
• Provide technical analysis within designated tooling to respond to alerts and incidents
• Support the management of security incidents, requests/tasks and assign as needed
• Develop operational metrics related to the security program
• Perform other duties as necessary under assigned projects and Security team needs
• 3+ years' experience supporting IT systems support (patching, installation, grouping/tagging)
• 2+ years' experience with Networking
• 2+ years' experience with Active Directory
• 2+ years' experience with Windows Server
• 1+ years' experience with Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tooling
• Demonstrated experience with common networking protocols and terms
• Demonstrated technical troubleshooting skills
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Exposure with incident management systems and ticketing tools.
• Understanding, technical knowledge, or working experience with common IT Platforms: Windows, Linux, MS SQL, SAP, Directory Services, AWS, Azure, Salesforce, etc.
• Basic experience in scripting and automation of common languages: PowerShell, bash, python preferred
• Familiarity with Tanium preferred
• Professional qualifications, such as Security Plus preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3qbp9-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.