Director - Current Editorial and Programming
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Santa Monica, CA
About the Team
STIRR is looking for TV lovers excited to expand the OTT viewing experience. We are content lovers, entertainment experts, and fans of all screens. We enjoy developing goal-oriented strategies on the back of streamlined workflows to make more time for innovation, creativity, and fun. We are a nimble team looking for self-sufficient team members hungry to learn.
STIRR is anchored by our STIRR City channels, offering a live, local experience in collaboration with local SBG stations. The STIRR City line up is built around local newscasts and content specifically curated for and across 73 DMAs.
The STIRR City Programming team manages the day-to-day scheduling of the STIRR City channels. The Programming Coordinator works closely with the Editor-In-Chief and Director of STIRR City Programming to determine what content to program for each DMA, including local and live events. To start, he/she participates in overall schedule strategy conversations and manages input into STIRR scheduling databases. Over time, he/she will drive the programming strategies for specific DMAs.
This position requires a thorough understanding of the OTT video ecosystem, linear scheduling and programming, and emerging digital technologies.
• Creates and implement long form linear schedules
• Inputs programming into proprietary SBG Scheduling tools
• Works with STIRR Content Operations and SBG Station groups to program the appropriate live feed(s)
• Manages and schedules local programming across select STIRR City channels, adjusting up to the minute as needed for potential weather delays, cancellation, or in-progress programming
• Manages and schedules syndicated programming across select STIRR City channels and in the STIRR On-Demand library
• Evaluates content with an eye towards maximizing customer experience, brand conformity, and overall quality
• Gains comprehensive knowledge of the STIRR content library
• Monitors analytics and ratings to grow overall traffic
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree
• 3+ years of experience in broadcast, digital video, or OTT space
• Flexible schedule with availability on weekdays, weeknights and weekends as needed for live local programming
• Experience in television scheduling and scheduling systems
• Proficiency in MS Office
• CMS experience a plus
• Strong organizational skills with a keen eye for detail
• Ability to work under deadline
• Precise communication skills
• Ability to be a self-starter and take initiative
• Open-minded attitude
Apply, if you have:
• A deep passion for television
• Experience handling large amounts of data where attention to detail is paramount
• Experience adapting and working in a fast-paced environment
• A collaborative and team-oriented sensibility
• An interest in STIRR and feel inspired to grow with us
STIRR is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (SBG). SBG is a diversified media company and leading provider of local sports and news. The Company owns and/or operates 23 RSN brands; owns, operates and/or provides services to 191 television stations in 89 markets; is a leading local news provider in the country; owns multiple national networks; and has TV stations affiliated with all the major broadcast networks. Sinclair's content is delivered via multiple-platforms, including over-the-air, multi-channel video program distributors, and digital platforms.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
STIRR is part of a growing industry of streaming platforms built on an array of on demand and linear programming. We offer a live and local experience with live news, events, and concerts from both the Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBG) portfolio and third-party content owners. STIRR is available across multiple platforms including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, iOS, Android and desktop. With over 100 channels and 5000+ hours of on demand content, all eyes are on STIRR.