Sinclair's content technology is at the core of our operational excellence. We thrive on innovation and a passion for connecting people with the best local news and sports content. As we grow our content offerings and expand our broadcast, cable, and digital distribution channels - we are embracing new technologies to fuel that growth. We are excited by the promise of cloud-first approaches and artificial intelligence in media supply-chain operations, driven by a belief that flexibility and agility will address rapidly changing media environments and we are confident that great people and great technology equal great solutions.
We are seeking a Product Owner to support the Unified Ad Sales program. In this role, you will be responsible for defining product user stories, prioritizing backlogs along with identifying technical and operational enhancements. You will also be responsible for implementation support of new solutions, integrations and providing requirements definition and analysis. This person would also have a proven history in Local Linear systems and processes.
• Manage and perform day-to-day product owner activities including the definition of product specifications, requirements, user stories, high level technical and user experience flows
• Build, manage and refine product backlogs through prioritization and negotiation with key stakeholders and by understanding the technical feasibility and economic considerations towards delivering continuous business
• Assist in the development of short and long-term product roadmaps with milestones and key metrics
• Facilitate requirements gathering sessions and properly interpret business needs and translate into functional requirements.
• Validate that recommended solutions align with business goals and objectives, working closely with Architecture, Security and Systems teams
• Conduct on-going prioritization sessions with stakeholders for certain solutions
• Establish and maintain relationships with vendors, align with their product roadmaps
• Support development, assign tasks and monitor the progress of activities assigned to the Development team
• Assist in the deployment and validation of solutions in UAT and Production environments
• Assist in change management
• 3 - 5+ years of Product Owner experience, preferably with Local Linear broadcast experience. This would include an understanding of Nielsen/Comscore data, book creation as well as a deep understanding of Linear sales process and related business expectations
• Strong understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) including Agile and Agile-hybrid methodologies
• Facilitating requirements gathering sessions that achieve intended results
• Ability to analyze and document business rules/processes utilizing wireframes and data/process flow diagrams
• Experience in the role of liaison between business/Business Relationship Managers and technical/development teams
• Strong analytical thinking/problem solving skills with attention to detail
• Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts and considerations to audiences from developers to executives
• Customer focused and results-oriented
Additional Desired Experience/Knowledge:
• Best practices Admin support of Microsoft Azure DevOps for Product Management use
• Familiarity of SAFe Agile concepts and/or use
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb3z5e-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.