Full Time Job
Motion Graphics Designer
Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWe are seeking a Motion Graphics Designer that is responsible for the design and creation of broadcast, social and web content, original programming animation packages and elements that support the production teams for Bally Sports Florida and Bally Sports Sun events. This role requires collaboration with our staff and freelance employees as well as the many different team partners and social personnel on production and content, including serving as the lead on the creative direction of player shoots prior to each season. This includes working directly with our production teams to conceive, conceptualize, develop, design, create, and implement animation/graphical support for various events and original programming this would include but not limited to 3D animations, game opens/teases, player intros, due ups, Fullscreens, interstitials, transitions, animated graphics specific franchises within a broadcast, recurring series, seminar videos and sales elements, season highlight and instructional/orientation videos, etc. This role also requires up-to-date industry and emerging technology knowledge to be able to provide strategically sound and deployable solutions that work specifically to enhance all of our various team brands and graphics designs.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and
- Two (2) years of appropriate experience.
- Prefer demonstrated mastery of Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects, PhotoShop, Illustrator and Light Room, as well as a demonstrated proficiency with 3D animation and motion graphics.
- Demonstrated mastery of Cinema 4D or AutoDesk Maya also preferred.
Due to the nature/scope of the position, selected candidate must be able to take high-level project direction and plan, execute, and deliver completed projects within time sensitive deadlines; and be willing and able to travel and work remotely with non-traditional hours (nights and weekends).
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or experience working in Graphic Design, New Media Design, or related field and at least 5 years of work experience
Language / Communication:
Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
Other Skills / Requirements:
- The ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced environment is essential.
- Knowledge of television studio environments, including the ability to work flexible hours is necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work as a member of a team are also necessary.
- Knowledge of remote production and technical equipment is a plus.
- Basic editing skills is also a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook is required.
Occasional lifting of equipment (up to 50 pounds). Frequently required use of hands and fingers to write, manipulate telephone and computer keyboard. Regularly required to hear, talk and use close vision.
Typical tools, equipment and materials utilized:
Studio Avid/Interplay systems, Adobe Creative Suite, studio camera equipment, studio lighting board. Computer, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, fax machine.
Work Environment: Primarily works in a studio production environment and a quiet professional office environment. There will also be occasional work in the in the field at stadiums, locker rooms, and media presentations. The position will work regularly (but not always) on weeknights and weekends.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvzz1n-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.