Full Time Job
Media Distribution Operations Coordinator
Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Full Time
As the largest most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, we continuously look to embrace new digital opportunities and challenge ourselves to defy expectations of what a broadcaster can do. Recently, we strategically acquired 23 Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) and we are looking for team members to join us in integrating this new and important piece of our business that will expand our range of content across the country and extend our multi-platform expansion opportunities. We are looking for detail-oriented Media Distribution Operations Admins to join our team supporting Sinclair's regional sports networks (RSNs). You will be asked to maintain receiver databases, create switching schedules, determine switching for alt channels, and coordinate the movement of receivers/cable head ends. You will provide switching instructions to our Media Distribution Operations Tech team who will execute the daily switching of receivers.
Operations, Collaboration & Partnerships
• Process the launch and collapse of new cable systems, affiliates, and newly acquired or re-branded networks on linear and next generation streaming platforms
• Maintain receiver inventory and vast amounts of data in Excel, Access and Medea databases to support both satellite and next generation streaming platforms
• Reconcile data between databases
• Coordinate with 3rd party service provider to ensure accurate shipping and receiving of receivers, and any and all other equipment necessary for content distribution
• Provide support to technicians by ensuring that technicians have all necessary and up to date information to troubleshoot and resolve affiliate issues
• Create game distribution flowcharts
• Collaborate as required on deauthorizations or new launches according to affiliate contracts
• Place territorial groupings
• Cross-train and serve as back up for creating the alternate schedule and switching schedules for live events
• Track operations and constantly look for ways to make things work better, faster, and smoother
• Identify continuous improvement initiatives and opportunities to unlock new possibilities through adoption of new technologies, automation, and digitalization
• Network Management Control Admin or Technician, Master Control experience, Engineering or Cable Headend technical experience preferred
• Experience with live TV required and sports production preferred
• Experience reconciling large amounts of data and reporting information using excel is preferred
• Technical knowledge of cable headend operations is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1opkx-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.