Manager / Scrum Master
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Sinclair's content technology is at the core of our operational excellence. We thrive on innovation and a passion for connecting people with the best local news and sports content. As we grow our content offerings and expand our broadcast, cable and digital distribution channels we're embracing new technologies to fuel that growth. We're excited by the promise of cloud-first approaches and artificial intelligence in media supply-chain operations. We're driven by a belief that flexibility and agility will address rapidly changing media environments and we are confident that great people and great technology equal great solutions.
In your role as Media Data Architect you will work with internal and external resources to define, test and implement media data architectures and integrated systems. These systems will track usage of media through internal workflows, cloud platforms and consumer experiences to gather actionable operations data and to add incremental media value. You will leverage business process modeling tools, media pipelines, analytics engines, reporting engines, and telemetry from consumer devices. In all these areas you'll be part of a diverse, industry leading group of strategic thinkers and problem-solvers working to rapidly iterate on a next-generation media supply-chain to improve media management processes.
In addition, we are looking for the following skills and experience:
• Experience communicating with business units to gather requirements
• Experience quickly integrating systems through code and API's
• Experience with streaming video analytics
• Familiar with the modern cloud data platforms (AWS as well as Google). In particular experience in some of the following is preferred:
• Big Query, Kubernetes, App Engine, API Gateway, Lamda/Cloud Functions
• Experience assessing data integrity and improving data collection strategies
• Experience identifying trends, patterns, anomalies, spikes, standard deviations, and other occurrences in data sets
• Experience with client-side user analytics such as Google Analytics
• Experience with ad trafficking data (especially Google Ad Manager)
• Experience evaluating data at the point of collection for accuracy
• Experience using data visualization tools (e.g. Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
• Knowledgeable about algorithmic concepts from at least one information-centric discipline (e.g. statistics, machine learning, information processing, natural language processing, etc.)
• Knowledge of data technologies such Airflow, Snowflake, or Spark a plus
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter driven by their own curiosity and sense of urgency. As an integral part of their rapid problem-solving skills, they will be able to frequently learn and implement new technology. Candidates should have 4+ years of experience.
The Media Data Architect will be part of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Engineering and Operations team. They will work closely with other technology teams to transform our traditional, NextGenTV and digital distribution platforms.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!