Developer - Software Applications
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Project Manager / Scrum Master
The Ad Tech platform team is responsible for Sinclair's application portfolio, enabling Advertising Sales and Delivery teams across a diverse portfolio of distribution platforms. We are subject matter experts for our Ad Sales and Delivery platforms and processes and are focused on delivery and operation of leading-edge technology solutions to drive revenue growth and provide a premium customer experience to our sales teams, advertisers and agencies.
The team is looking for a Project Manager/Scrum Master to support one or more of our Ad Tech teams. This role will support the business operations and technology teams in scheduling, monitoring, tracking and reporting on the execution of projects within the Ad Tech portfolio as well as supporting one or more agile teams engaged in development projects.
The candidate must have at least 3-5 years of experience working in an IT/software development organization supporting one or more teams as a scrum master and possess strong communication, organization and facilitation skills. The optimal candidate will have 2-4 years working in a broadcast or digital media environment.
• Understand objectives, scope, stakeholders, and impacts of Ad Tech projects
• Scheduling and engaging SMEs and stakeholder participation
• Support planning, scheduling, and coordination of training for portfolio applications
• Assist with dependency management and identifying risks to timelines
• Remove impediments so the team can successfully fulfill commitments
• Monitor and eliminate conflicts and blockers within teams
• Train and coach the team(s) using Agile methodology and scrum practices
• Facilitate ceremonies, collaboration, and communication
• Support grooming and maintaining project and product backlogs
• Develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Communicate project status, issues and risks
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
• 3+ years' experience on a scrum team
• Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
• Deep knowledge of scrum and agile practices
• Hands on experience with Azure DevOps, JIRA or similar
• Ability to adapt to change and identify efficiency opportunities.
• Exceptional communication/interpersonal skills and organizational skills
• Willingness to provide direct and honest feedback to team members
• Excellent facilitation skills
• Ability to work effectively in a matrixed team setting
• Enthusiastic self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys thinking critically to solve problems.
Preferred candidates will have:
• Proven ability to deliver on commitments
• Ability to lead and work autonomously
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Instinctive qualities of accountability and follow-through
• Knowledge of the advertising ecosystem/industry including experience with linear and/or digital media sales or traffic systems
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with SAFe Agile/Lean
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!