We are looking for an IT Project Manager to be based out of our corporate office in Hunt Valley, MD. Ideally a candidate has experience with infrastructure focused projects and a desire to manage a team. Additionally, this position would direct, administer, and manage new and continuing business and IT projects. In this role, you will collaborate with the CIO, Director – Enterprise Project Management Office, IT Directors, customers, vendors, stakeholders, and project teams on business and IT projects to complete project deliverables in accordance with their project plan. The primary directive of this role is to drive the entire effort from start to finish, managing the execution of projects within the constraints of budget, schedule and scope while minimizing risk and ensuring adherence to established and evolving processes and methodologies.
While deep IT expertise is not required, the ideal candidate will, at a minimum, have multiple years of experience working in a technology field or environment and expereince managing infrastructure projects. The ideal candidate will also have advanced knowledge of project management methodologies and basic knowledge of program management and be able to identify and communicate the current state of a project and implement the necessary tools and techniques to bring the project to a successful conclusion.
• Manage medium to large business and IT sponsored infrastructure projects
• Work with business/functional project owners to ensure scope is explicitly defined, documented and maintained
• Review contracts, non-disclosure documents and statements of work from external vendors and partners
• Ensure projects are delivered on schedule and meet quality standards by establishing and adhering to a project plan.
• Establish and execute a project communication plan
• Facilitate and lead project stakeholder and project team meetings
• Demonstrate successful team leadership, stakeholder management, process adherence, accountability, learning agility and risk management capabilities
• Identify all project risks and develop mitigation strategies/plans
• Manage members of the Project Management team.
Preferred candidates will have:
• At least five (5) years project management experience
• Expereince managing infrastruacture projects during this time span
• Demonstrated recent and verifiable success with large and complex business and IT projects
• Proven experience managing in-house and off-site resources
• Experience developing or enhancing project management processes, procedures, and templates
• Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency utilizing project management tools
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Instinctive qualities of accountability and follow-through
• Experience in both Waterfall and Agile/Lean methodologies
• Hands-on experience with Microsoft Project and/or Azure DevOps technologies
• An undergraduate degree and PMP certification
• Desire to manage project managers
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88wy6-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.