The Sinclair Human Resources, Learning & Development team seeks an Instructional Designer with an eye for detail, a solid foundation in adult learning theory, and a desire to identify opportunities for improvement of training materials and delivery.
The Instructional Designer will be responsible for the creation of instructional materials that are functional, informative, and consistent with instructional design principles, including alignment of objectives with content, activities, and assessments. Additionally, the Learning & Development team will lean on the Instructional Designer to create a variety of participative learning experiences aimed at increasing knowledge transfer and application. These trainings might include classroom trainings utilizing PPT decks and hands-on learning exercises, virtual presentations using online activities for remote learners, on-demand eLearning with a variety of engagement such as games, scenarios, and simulations, and micro-learnings such as infographics, podcasts, and training videos.
Essential Functions: (Specific duties and responsibilities critical to completion of daily workload)
• Establish solid relationships with key stakeholders to understand project requirements and desired outcomes of training programs
• Design broad course outlines and storyboards, researching educational approaches and determining what types of skills or knowledge the learner needs to know
• Provide recommendations for interface design, sequencing of instruction, use of assessments, and activities reflecting an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners
• Evaluate the instructional effectiveness of development programs and training courses by linking expected behaviors / desired training outcomes with business results
• Develop benchmark criteria to measure the effectiveness of face-to-face and virtual events, and implements improvements as required
• Create eLearning packages with correct technical specifications for uploading into the learning management system (LMS) exercising knowledge of SCORM course publishing
• Utilize extensive knowledge of Articulate software to create on-demand courses for publication in the LMS (Sinclair utilizes the Cornerstone OnDemand learning platform)
• Ideal candidate has 3-5yrs of instructional design experience
• Expert in course development software such as Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate
• Familiarity with the Cornerstone OnDemand learning platform is a plus, but not required
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, specifically PowerPoint and Word
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Visual design skills (e.g., Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities with superior attention to detail and a dedication to offering excellent customer service to internal client groups
This individual must be available for at least part-time in-office each week and understand that the schedule is subject to change. No relocation is provided for this position
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5wq6-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.