Full Time Job
Homepage Editorial Director
Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
STIRR, Sinclair Broadcast Group's Live, Local, and Authentic free OTT streaming service is looking for a Director, STIRR Homepage Editorial. In this role, you will take ownership of scheduling STIRR's homepage elements – including Hero, Row, Tile, and Hub scheduling, placement, and copy. You should have demonstrated team leadership experience accompanied with a clear personal and professional passion for and experience with digital copywriting for content platforms. A working knowledge of local broadcast stations, news, general entertainment, niche fandom/genre content, and HUT 'hotspots' as well as key TV dates over a rolling 52 weeks period is a plus!
You'll help strategize, determine, execute, and maintain the editorial integrity of the STIRR homepage. You'll ensure scheduling initiatives, content information, and editorial resources are coordinated and input on time, as planned to ensure STIRR editorial's continuous operational excellence. You must remain up-to-date and demonstrate effective preemptive planning in all aspects of role performance – from ideation, execution, and iteration – this executive must take ownership of STIRR's first consumer facing elements and readily identify the functional tactical measures available to increase content KPIs.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
• Oversee STIRR Homepage Editorial Calendar, ensure operational and strategic excellence while working preemptively toward tight deadlines with frequent pivots
• Spot check homepage following updates
• Pitch and present homepage plan to internal senior leaders and external content partners
• Work with off-site Engineering team – must demonstrate effective working knowledge of platform's editorial needs from a technical perspective in order to succinctly communicate timely needs to a non-dedicated team
General Responsibilities Include:
• Supervise a small team of direct reports and offshore support staff
• Work cross-functionally with Technical, Creative, Curatorial, and Strategic stakeholders, demonstrate effective communication between different working groups with disparate business goals
• Anticipate programming needs, demonstrate effective working awareness of competitive set in additional to broader entertainment and news content ecosystems as well as emergent industry trends
• Interpret business needs into thoughtful, executable, and achievable go-forward content driven growth initiatives – must know how to pitch broad concepts verbally and visually
• Work with outside vendors where required in order to track upcoming programming events
• Tracking content rights and serving as a key central resource for STIRR homepage planning
• 5+ years of relevant experience. Prior team leadership experience strongly desired. VOD or app management experience a plus!
• Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
• Expert copywriting skills with demonstrated experience in digital editorial and strong working familiarity with streaming industry copywriting standards. Prior homepage promotional/editorial marketing experience a plus!
• Proven success collaborating with cross-functional teams to manage complex projects across diverse groups or organizations
• Excellent multi-tasking and project management skills with strong attention to detail
• A self-starter, entrepreneurial attitude who can juggle multiple tasks with limited support staff
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, particularly with senior executives and external partners
• Ability to communicate in succinct and effective manner
• Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur
• Proficiency in MS Office suite – expert level Excel skills are highly desired
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About the National Networks and Platforms Group: Responsible for the business management and operations of Sinclair's national broadcast TV networks Comet, Charge! and TBD as well as STIRR, the company's new direct to consumer streaming service.
• STIRR is a free national streaming service with over 110 linear channels featuring live local news, fan favorite TV shows, movies, sports and lifestyle programming. Each week STIRR delivers 2400+ hours of live local news and 5000+ hours of on demand programming. The STIRR App has been downloaded over 4 million times and is available on Roku, Fire TV, tvOS, iOS and Android devices.
• Comet is a free broadcast TV network for passionate fans of SCIENCE FICTION. Featuring hit shows Battlestar Galactica, Quantum Leap, Stargate SG-1, Sliders, box office hits and other cult classic films. The network is available nationwide through local broadcast TV affiliates and cable operators, YouTube TV, Dish, Sling, Fubo and STIRR.
• Charge! is a free broadcast TV network for fans of everything ACTION. Targeting male fans but appealing to female viewers as well, the network features hit shows like Knight Rider, Magnum PI, Walker Texas Ranger, CHiPs, box office hits and cult classics films. The network is available through local broadcat TV affiliates including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and 42 of the Top 50 DMAs in the country.
• TBD is a free broadcast TV network for fans of unique and undiscovered Web content and voices. The network's tag line is ''TBdiscovered, see for yourself'' and features original weekly show The Link as well as The Lab with CRH, Life on the Edge and DevinSuperTramp. TBD is available nationwide include New York, Los Angeles and Chicago and 47 of the top 50 DMAs.
About Sinclair Broadcast Group: Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team! The life blood of our organization is our people.
We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.