- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Have you always had a knack for problem-solving? Are you the type of person who enjoys being hands-on and working on technical projects? Our team needs YOU to continue to elevate our engineering team. The Broadcast Engineer plays an imperative role by utilizing their skills for problem solving, equipment repair and maintenance as well as RF transmission of television signals.
What you can expect working as an Broadcast Engineer:
• To work with a team focused on meaningful relationships
• A high-energy environment
• A chance to work on a team supported, influenced & lead by some of the Broadcast Industry's leading innovators
• Related on-the-job experience
• To work at the TV station regularly & to travel with the News team routinely
• Daily opportunities to learn the art of how-to (re)prioritize.
• The station's obstacles and challenges are your challenges.
• The possibility of unexpected and/or late-night calls for engineering-emergencies at the station
• Act as the subject matter expert and point of contact for all things as it relates to equipment and technology at the location, as well as stay up-to-date on the new industry standards
• Provide additional support and resource subject matter expertise in the absence of the Director of Engineering to all staff (including leadership and location personnel, and the onsite Engineering team)
• Support and assist the News department in maintaining must-have for live production
• Implement, install & maintain engineering systems and provide end-user support across all departments
• Provide transmitter and translator support and repair
• Replace or adjust defective and/or improperly functioning equipment
• Networking / Wiring
• 3-5 years of television experience
• On-the-job and/or formal training repairing transmitters and RF systems
• Valid & unencumbered driver's license
• Work experience, education, and/or formal training/certification in one or more of an engineering-related fields (e.g., technology; information systems; computer science; electrical engineering and/or electronics).
• Ability to lift 40-50 lbs
Bonus points for…
• Previous broadcast experience
• Familiarity with FCC regulations
• Engineering-related certifications
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!