Director of Network Engineering (LA)
Sinclair Broadcast Group seeks a motivated and experienced technical leader to join Sinclair Technology Partners (''STP'') Site Reliability Engineering group leading an enterprise Network Engineering team while serving as a technical leader for West Coast-based Sinclair business units. Working with the VP of Enterprise Solutions, CIO, CISO, and other IT leaders, you will own the vision and strategy for the enterprise network and drive technical delivery and day-to-day change management. You will champion network automation and support integration with hyper-scale cloud environments. The ideal candidate will have experience designing and implementing both Private and Public Cloud solutions supporting and designing solutions to facilitate business objectives across a large enterprise environment. In addition, this role will help oversee IT resources based in Santa Monica, CA as well as other locations.
• Manage a geographically dispersed Network Engineering team including principal, senior and junior levels, aligning the team efforts to stated business goals
• Lead technical deployments that involve multiple IT teams and stakeholders across various technology domains
• Train, mentor, and empower the team to develop the necessary subject matter and technical expertise
• Conduct ongoing continuous improvement efforts focused on cost, efficiency, vendor management, and internal and external customer satisfaction
• Manage and maintain supplier, vendor, and service provider contracts and relationships
• Own and maintain the technical roadmap for enterprise networking, cloud services, and related infrastructure areas
• Collaborate with Senior Management and internal stakeholder groups to ensure infrastructure design operational objectives meet performance, security, and business requirements
• Develop policies and standard procedures contributing to efficient operations; provide training to IT staff and general staff on network best practices
• Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and coaching for all technical services staff and foster a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, and pro-active solutions
• Drive the creation and maintenance of best practice standards and comprehensive documentation for Network Engineering
• Drive infrastructure automation, continuous improvements through reporting and metrics
• Effectively communicate and influence others towards future state solutions, architecture patterns, architecture reference models, technology reference models, and implementation reference models
• Collaborate with aligned architects, platform engineering, application managers, project managers, and infrastructure teams to drive emerging technology standards to industry best practices
• Engage with C-Level executives to articulate the value proposition of enterprise cloud strategy and cloud-native application architecture
• Stay abreast of current technologies and make recommendations based on knowledge and research
• Provide technical leadership across multiple live sports businesses – Tennis Channel, Bally Sports, etc., building relationships with business, production, and engineering stakeholder groups.
• Serve as the product and technical leader across multiple technology domains that are relevant to live sports: enterprise networking, remote application and virtual machine platforms, media encoding, workflow editing, and asset management platforms, and content file delivery.
• Develop a long-term vision and implement change management programs for infrastructure and applications that support live events.
• Develop performance metrics, promoting data-driven decision making to ensure the highest level of service delivery and ongoing performance.
• Manage and update department work processes, institute and promote best practices including documentation, standards development, capacity planning and status reporting.
• Coordinate technical elements of global live production activities in partnership with engineering and production teams, including media workflows, staffing, and infrastructure build.
• Partner with architecture, engineering and production teams to develop the future state technology map supporting live production.
• Research and lead efforts to design, configure, and deploy new tools and technologies to improve automation and operational efficiency.
Managerial requirements include:
• Responsibility for direct management of and planning for live events and ongoing broadcast application, workflow, and content support within multiple environments from an infrastructure perspective.
• Establishment of KPIs and SMART goals to modernize the practice of live events, ongoing support for broadcast infrastructure, and application platforms.
• Coaching and mentoring team members for professional growth.
• Management of implementation and delivery activities aligned to SLAs for internal customers.
• Building relationships with customers and stakeholders to better understand their needs and goals.
• Drive and participate in monthly operational reviews with stakeholders to systematically improve the state of the enterprise environment.
• Quickly dive in and understand the environment in which you operate, set the pace for how STP meets our customer's needs while balancing resource management across a shared service model.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
• Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field.
• 10+ years in a technical infrastructure leadership position at Sr. Manager or Director level – experience leading high performing technical teams including performance management, mentoring, and team development.
• 10+ years of relevant IT systems / enterprise networking / cloud analysis / support experience.
• 10+ years of relevant experience directly administering and supporting cloud-like enterprise network environments.
• 10+ years of experience automating IT processes with a focus on configuration management.
• Experience supporting and managing private and public cloud solutions.
• Experience troubleshooting networks both traditional and virtual, including performance management and troubleshooting, configuration, and application/end-user experience.
• Experience with stand-alone, converged, and hyperconverged infrastructure.
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills with a focus on data-driven decision-making.
• Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and offer solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
• Customer-focused, positive, can-do attitude and desire to interface directly with end-users, and management at all levels.
Preferred candidates would also meet one or more of the following criteria:
• Avid, Aspera, Interplay, and Vantage experience within a broadcast environment.
• AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications.
• Arista ACE Certification
• Cisco Professional Certification preferred
• VMware Certifications.
• Network-focused certifications.
• Practical knowledge of scripting languages like Python, Go, .NET, PowerShell.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mvqj-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.