Senior Editor, NBA
Los Angeles, CA
Digital Sports MLB Insider (Remote)
Sinclair Sports Group is hiring an MLB Insider to be the voice, face and byline of baseball content on our new Bally Sports' national and regional digital platforms. They must be passionate about hockey and a creative force, comfortable on camera and in podcast/audio environments, creating and curating social media, and in reporting and writing. A mix of host and analyst, they will provide original commentary and interact with Bally Sports MLB broadcast talent at our RSNs.
The Insider will be a digital native and with a proven history of cultivating a community around their shared appreciation of the sport. The ideal candidate will bring a following with them to Bally Sports, including audiences for social media, video, audio and the written word.
The job is remote (work from home) with evening and weekend work as dictated by MLB games and news cycles.
• Prolific content production for Bally Sports' national digital platforms including social media, text, live video and VOD, and podcasts/audio
• Write, report, and break news
• React to breaking news with original reporting and commentary – also curate and amplify content with Bally Sports MLB broadcast talent at our RSNs
• Exercise strong news judgment and support Bally Sports' mission and voice
• Collaborate with digital content managers at our RSNs to create content that serves their local audiences and platforms
• Deeply knowledgeable about MLB players and teams – authenticity is everything
• 4+ years writing and reporting on the MLB at a major media outlet(s) under consistent deadlines
• 2+ years of on-air experience on digital, social, and/or linear channels
• 1+ year as podcast talent, either as host, co-host, or regular guest
• Demonstrable experience and aptitude for web publishing tools including:
• Photo editing software (Photoshop, etc.)
• Video editing software (Premiere, Wildmoka)
• Content Management Systems
• Thorough knowledge of digital media best practices, including SEO and content sharing
• Strong news judgment
• Strong social presence, especially on Twitter and Instagram
The right person for this role will be:
• Passionate, knowledgeable, and connected in MLB circles
• A self-starter requiring little oversight while maintaining excellent attention to detail• • Willing to work hours as dictated by the digital news cycle and events, including evenings and weekends
• Team player who is able to work cross-functionally and adjust to constantly changing media landscape
• A clear communicator and ''clean'' writer
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!