Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking a Corporate Staff Accountant in Hunt Valley, MD to provide accounting services for our Corporate entities, television stations, sports networks and other businesses. This position will primarily provide support for accounting for cash and banking transactions.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare monthly journal entries for cash transactions to include cash received and paid by Corporate and other entities in various forms of payment including checks, ACHs and wires.
• Prepare monthly journal entries for investment-related accounts, intercompany transfers between various bank accounts, credit card fee transactions and banking fees.
• Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations utilizing Blackline, our cloud-based automated reconciliation software.
• Provide support to accounts payable, accounts receivable and station personnel related to cash transactions.
• Oversight over treasury cash classifications and completeness.
• Prepare and distribute monthly affiliate invoices.
• Complete ad-hoc projects to support the Corporate Accounting team as necessary.
• Assist in gathering appropriate work papers and schedules for both internal and external auditor requests and provide in a timely manner.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 1+ years of accounting experience (experience in a Corporate setting or public accounting is ideal)
• Working knowledge of the general ledger, financial statements, and account reconciliations
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Strong aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• Desire and ability to work in a team environment and communicate well with others
• Experience managing and organizing large quantities of data
• Advanced Excel skills required
• Experience with Oracle Fusion is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rob5z3-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.