Payroll Business Administrator
Marquee Sports Network seeks a Controller who will direct and lead the accounting function and the overall preparation and presentation of accurate, timely and relevant financial reporting and analysis for this newly created cable network in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and SOX rules and regulations. The Controller will be a close advisor to General Manager and have the ability to serve in a leadership capacity.
• Serve as a member of the network leadership team, working closely with the General Manager on special projects and advising General Manager as necessary on business decisions.
• Analyze current and projected financial position to provide insight to necessary stakeholders
• Preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecast for the Operation and CAPEX
• Manage two distinct fiscal years – one for each partner (Sinclair and Cubs)
• Manage operating expenses in-line with budget and forecast
• Lead monthly financial closing inclusive of quarterly and annual certification of the financial statements
• Reviews balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other reports to summarize financial performance
• Prepare and manage monthly Cash Flow projections
• Manage AP & AR process
• Manage bank account reconciliation
• Work with Advertising Sales team to manage WideOrbit log reconciliation process for two network feeds
• Oversee operation to ensure compliance with approved accounting policies and procedures
• Perform bi-weekly payroll review and ensure payroll accuracy
• Adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley rules and regulations, and regularly enforce internal controls to department and organizational personnel
• Assists in managing, directing and developing staff as needed
• Manage HR functions
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years relevant work experience with strong organizational skills and self- motivated
• Possess highly professional communication and presentation skills, in both verbal and written format
• Ability to present complex information to key stakeholders and C-Suite executives
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
• Prior employee management experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of payroll, internal control procedures and general ledger
• Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills
• Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint and TEAMS
• Experience with Oracle, IMB-TM1 and WideOrbit preferred
• Ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games and will also feature extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings togetherone of the most iconic sports franchises in the country withone of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.