Solution Train Engineer
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Hunt Valley, MD
Sinclair's content technology is at the core of our operational excellence. We thrive on innovation and a passion for connecting people with the best local news and sports content. As we grow our content offerings and expand our broadcast, cable, and digital distribution channels we're embracing new technologies to fuel that growth. We're excited to embrace cloud-first approaches and artificial intelligence in media supply-chain operations. We're driven by a belief that flexibility and agility will address rapidly changing media environments and we are confident that great people and great technology equal great solutions.
In your role as Cloud Media Architect, you will work with internal and external resources to build, test, and operate cloud-centric and integrated systems used for media storage, production and distribution. These systems will move and track usage of media through cloud and hybrid production systems through distribution to consumer experiences to gather actionable operations data and to add incremental media value.
You will apply your deep knowledge and experience with best security practices, infrastructure-as-code, and multi-cloud architectures to build solutions which span early POC's through final deployment of broadcast air-critical systems. You will leverage business process modeling tools, media pipelines, reporting engines, as well as cloud-based monitoring and analytics tools.
In all these areas you'll be part of a diverse, industry leading group of strategic thinkers and problem-solvers working to rapidly iterate on a next-generation media supply-chain to improve media management processes.
The successful candidate must be able to proactively manage highly focused projects of narrow scope, including the ability to quickly code and configure their own POC's which embody the integration of systems in their proposed solutions. These POC's will be used as prototypes for our development teams.
In addition, we are looking for the following general skills and experience:
• Experience communicating with business units to gather requirements
• Experience quickly integrating systems through code and API's
• Experience with video files, wrappers, and codecs
• Familiar with the modern cloud data platforms (AWS, Google and Azure).
• Experience assessing data integrity and improving data collection strategies
• Experience assessing cloud infrastructure security and creating secure templates and standards from which to build infrastructure-as-code
• Experience identifying trends, patterns, anomalies, spikes, standard deviations, and other occurrences in data sets
• Experience with client-side user analytics such as Google Analytics
• Experience with ad trafficking data (especially Google Ad Manager)
• Experience evaluating data at the point of collection for accuracy
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter driven by their own curiosity and sense of urgency. As an integral part of their rapid problem-solving skills, they will be able to frequently learn and implement new technology. Candidates should have 5+ years of experience.
The Cloud Media Architect will be part of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Engineering and Operations team. They will work closely with other technology teams to transform our traditional, NextGen TV and digital distribution platforms.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jomq-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.