As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be working as part of Business Intelligence group. You will help analyze business, its data, and its platforms. You will be primarily responsible for analyzing the business' meta-data as you support our total quality management efforts. This involves collecting and analyzing data related to our data management and data governance efforts. You will have a chance to work with both on-Premise and Microsoft Azure Cloud environments. Based upon project needs, this can also include the development of database code, construction and maintenance of ETL based processes, design of database reporting, construction of data flow diagrams and fabrication of documentation manuals, etc.
• Create and maintain a new approach to understanding service quality for our IT business.
• Support existing analysis by updating business models with new data and verifying its accuracy, completeness, and reliability.
• Apply existing approaches to understanding the business in order to generate data charts, graphs, tables, or other types of summaries.
• Gather requirements for new data analysis work based upon stakeholder feedback.
• Assist other members of the data team on a daily basis as they learn more about data analysis.
• Analytical Thinking – Candidate should have experience solving real-world problems using a data-driven approach. They feel comfortable asking questions and conducting research to learn more about a problem. They need to be able to translate a problem statement into question answerable via data analysis.
• Computationally Inclined – Candidate understands how to use computers to analyze data. This includes knowledge of databases, object-oriented programming languages, and information visualization techniques.
• Mathematically Literate – Candidate should have an advanced understanding of mathematics including algebra and geometry. They should also have experience with or an interest and ability to learn about quantitative disciplines such as statistics, machine learning, or A.I., etc.
• Expert Communicator – Candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills their supervisors, collogues, and employees. Ideally, they are comfortable presenting their findings to others either individually or in group settings.
• Professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts with experience in data modelling.
• In depth understanding of database design and ETL processing
• Maintains a strong knowledge base of new applications, techniques, and skills
• Strong problem-solving and analytic skills; must be proactive and take initiative
• Development Experience with on-premise database technologies such as MS SQL Server, T-SQL.
• Development experience with cloud-based technologies such as the Microsoft Azure Cloud environment – Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, Data Factory, etc.
• Preferred reporting experience with Cognos BI. Alternatively, strongly proficient with another reporting platform such as Microsoft BI Tools – SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
• Computer proficiency including experience using Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Candidate must have a either:
• 3-5 years of experience in a related field
• A bachelor's degree from a reputable college in a related field such as Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics.
• Candidate should also have either:
• An advanced degree from a reputable college in a related field.
• An additional 2-3 years of experience in a related field.
• Regardless on on-the-job experience, candidate must have taken at least at least 2-3 courses from either a reputable college or an online learning environment.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyo35k-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.