Full Time Job
Broadcast Engineer Technician
Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Full Time
Have you always had a knack for problem-solving? Are you the type of person who enjoys being hands-on and also doesn't mind taking a break every now and then to coach another teammate towards perfecting their craft? Our team needs YOU to continue to elevate our engineering team. The Broadcast Engineering Technician plays an imperative role as a resource for the engineering team, leadership, and the location's personnel. We need a dynamic teammate to help grow the impact of our engineering team! What you can expect working as an Broadcast Engineering Technician:
What you can expect working as Broadcast Engineering Technician:
• To work with a team focused on meaningful relationships
• A high-energy environment
• A chance to work on a team supported, influenced & lead by some of the Broadcast Industry's leading innovators
• Related on-the-job experience
• To work at the TV station regularly & to travel with the News team routinely
• Daily opportunities to learn the art of how-to (re)prioritize.
• The station's obstacles and challenges are your challenges.
• The possibility of unexpected and/or late-night calls for engineering-emergencies at the station or transmitters
• Act as the subject matter expert and point of contact for all things as it relates to equipment and technology at the location, as well as stay up-to-date on the new industry standards
• Provide additional support and resource subject matter expertise to staff
• Support and assist the News department in maintaining must-have for live production
• Implement, install & maintain engineering systems and provide end-user support across all departments
• Provide transmitter support
• Replace or adjust defective and/or improperly functioning equipment
• On-the-job and/or formal training repairing transmitters
• Valid & unencumbered driver's license
• Work experience, education, and/or formal training/certification in one or more of an engineering-related fields (e.g., technology; information systems; computer science; electrical engineering and/or electronics).
• Ability to lift 40-50 lbs
Bonus points for…
• Previous broadcast experience
• Familiarity with FCC regulations
• Engineering-related certifications
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkbmvk-3-87-33-97-42 in your application.