Sinclair's content technology is at the core of our operational excellence. We thrive on innovation and a passion for connecting people with the best local news and sports content. As we grow our content offerings and expand our broadcast, cable, and digital distribution channels we're embracing new technologies to fuel that growth. We're excited by the promise of cloud-first approaches and artificial intelligence in media systems, we're driven by a belief that flexibility and agility will address rapidly changing media environments and we're confident that great people and great technology equal great solutions.
Your role as AVP, Cloud Media Operations is to lead the team of internal and external resources that will govern the product and operate the technologies orchestrating our cloud-based media operations. You'll work with a diverse group of strategic thinkers, technology architects and business leaders to orchestrate the efficient and scalable processes that result in a successful product.
Our next-generation media ecosystem is being built with an emphasis on operating cloud-based, data-driven systems and services. These systems and services will be integrated to optimize our media operation pipelines by focusing on the ingest, assembly, playout and distribution of our linear streams and supply of our media endpoints. You'll oversee continuous improvement of these media delivery services and manage the delivery of new capabilities in support of all content types and distribution channels.
The AVP, Cloud Media Operations will be part of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Engineering and Operations team and will work closely with other technology teams engaged in projects for transforming content management, optimizing rights and scheduling, realizing the promise of NextGenTV, and bringing a cross-platform perspective to advertising technology.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Engaging with multiple departments and bringing a transformational approach to cloud-based media operations
• Leading a team of engineers and media managers focused on providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 operational media services to a national broadcast group
• Demonstrating leadership and ownership on orchestration of media ingest, assembly, playout and distribution across processes, workflows, and workforce
• Measuring and reporting on operational success through defined metrics, key performance indicators and OKRs
• Managing and delivering on large media transformation programs while working with project teams, assessing risks, and driving to successful conclusions
• Leveraging experience and performing detailed research and discovery efforts to gather data on forward-looking, transformational media operations
• Working with external consulting teams to assist in operational efficiency efforts
• Approaching programs and projects using an agile and lean mindset
• Working with project managers on resource allocation, contention and re-alignment as program strategies require
• Measuring and reporting on progress with program resources
• Maintaining a focus on machine learning and automation as an answer to increasingly complex media operations environments
• Providing excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize, conceptually interpret and communicate material developed collaboratively with the input of multiple parties
• Collaborating with leaders and strategic partners to drive alignment and execution
• Engaging with C-Level executives to articulate progress and receive guidance or approvals as changes occur
• Enthusiastically engaging on understanding and learning new technologies and applying them creatively
• Bachelor's degree in Media/Communications/Computer Science
• 10+ years of technical/engineering experience
• 10+ years media operations experience
• 5+ years managing complex media and technology operating environments
• 4+ years of strategic planning experience or entrepreneurial experience
• Demonstrated experience analyzing complex technology and business operational problems and providing solutions
• Experience with cloud-based media systems
• Experience with digital workflows and digital video technologies
• Advanced data management skills with prior experience in using that data for improving media operations
• Strong program management with the ability to deliver results through complex cross-functional, cross-geography teams
• Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills with various technology and operations teams as well as senior management
• Significant Cloud Hyperscaler exposure and experience (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Containerization and Kubernetes experience
• Architecture Design and Documentation with High-Availability emphasis
• Video streaming protocols
• Broadcast Engineering & Operations understanding
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvvwvj-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.