IT Project Manager
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Hunt Valley, MD
Assistant Project Manager (Temporary)
We are looking for a Temporary Assistant Project Manager to join the Sinclair team. In this role, you will collaborate with the CIO, Director – Enterprise Project Management Office, IT Directors, customers, vendors, stakeholders, and project teams on business and IT projects to complete project deliverables in accordance with their project plan.
While deep IT expertise is not required, the ideal candidate will, at a minimum, have multiple years of experience working in a technology field or environment. The ideal candidate will also have advanced knowledge of project management methodologies and basic knowledge of program management and be able to identify and communicate the current state of a project and implement the necessary tools and techniques to bring the project to a successful conclusion.
• Manage medium to large business
• Work with business/functional project owners to ensure scope is explicitly defined, documented and maintained
• Ensure projects are delivered on schedule and meet quality standards by establishing and adhering to a project plan.
• Execute a project communication plan
• Facilitate and lead project stakeholder and project team meetings
• Demonstrate successful team leadership, stakeholder management, process adherence, accountability, learning agility and risk management capabilities
• Identify all project risks and develop mitigation strategies/plans with the help of current Project Managers
Preferred candidates will have:
• At least five (3) years project management experience
• Demonstrated recent and verifiable success with large and complex business and IT projects
• Experience managing in-house and off-site resources
• Experience developing or enhancing project management processes, procedures, and templates
• Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency utilizing project management tools
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Instinctive qualities of accountability and follow-through
• An undergraduate degree and PMP certification
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!