Full Time Job
Senior Staff Accountant
Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Bally Sports Detroit is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant! This Sinclair-owned Regional Sports Network is home to more than 350 live, local events per year, including the Detroit Tigers, Red Wings and Pistons; college hockey; and Michigan High School Athletic Association football and basketball championships. This position is responsible for the monthly closing and reporting, periodic forecasting, and annual budgeting processes. Such responsibilities include: working with various departments to incorporate financial information, facilitating the monthly general ledger closing process, analyzing and interpreting trends/variances, presenting findings to management, and special projects requested by departmental and executive management.
• Responsible for all financial transactions recorded in the general ledger system along with preparing month-end journal entries, account reconciliations, cash-flow, and other monthly and quarterly schedules as needed
• Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed production and event spreadsheets, and reconciling differences to budget and forecast
• By working with various departments, assisting in the development of the strategic plan, annual budget and quarterly forecasts
• Reviewing and Coding Invoices
• Special projects requested by departmental and executive management
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance and/or Accounting required. MBA preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years' experience in the finance area is necessary
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required
• Strong Excel skills are required
• Ability to learn/know/use Oracle, TM1 and other financial applications is required
• Excellent organizational and project management skills are required
• Previous experience in media, cable advertising sales, traffic and the sports broadcasting environment is preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary, including the ability to present financial information clearly to senior management
• Ability to work independently and be resourceful
• Proven analytical skills are necessary
• Advanced math, excel and analytical skills
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!