Overview & Responsibilities:
Are you an avid sports fan, marketing dynamo, and compelling storyteller? If so, this might be the job for you! Showtime is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to develop and produce innovative and breakthrough promotional creative for our SHO SPORTS series (INFL, ALL ACCESS), combat sports franchises (Showtime Boxing, Bellator MMA), and sports documentaries. Additionally, this individual may have the potential to work on Showtime original series, theatricals, and for our brand itself, on the network's existing and emerging distribution platforms.
The Senior Writer/Producer should have excellent copywriting, producing, and conceptual-thinking skills, the ability to lead multiple priorities as well as a strong working knowledge of sports and the television marketing and promotions industry.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Conceive, produce and deliver promotional creative content with a focus on AV promos (event promos, off-air spots, trailers, Pay-Per-View shoot campaigns) for multiple platforms including on-air, social, and digital.
• Lead projects from inspiration to final delivery, including conceptualizing, writing, and managing editorial, graphics production, and audio mix. Communicate concepts and ideas to Creative Directors, Editors, Designers, Vendors, and Marketing Partners, making sure all elements meet strategy and conform to the brand and the mission of the network.
• Collaborate and manage relationships with multiple teams including:
• Creative Directors and Associate Creative Directors to lead all aspects of production including creative development, workflow, and acquiring approvals
• Sports Marketing team to build out schedules and meet deadlines
• Operations to book and lead all aspects of edit and audio sessions
• Design to develop graphics
• Program Marketing, Social, Digital, Key Accounts, and PR: to fulfill their creative needs including, but not limited to promos, radio, and podcast scripts.
• Attend and participate in creative brainstorms.
• Collaborate with outside vendors (production companies, designers, music supervisors, and composers, etc.) when needed.
• Lead all aspects of administrative and logistical needs related to their projects
• College degree required. A degree in a related field is preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Writer/Producer or 5 years as a Senior Writer/Producer in TV and/or theatrical marketing, streaming or broadcast services, or digital media agency.
• Basic editing skills (Adobe Premiere or AVID) – able to pull clips, create string outs, and layout rough cuts
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong writing, producing, storytelling, and conceptual thinking skills.
• Knowledge of promo editorial process from beginning to end. Understanding of editing and post-production with a full grasp of industry practices.
• Interest and knowledge about the sports landscape
• Awareness of digital and social platforms, trends, and efficient strategies.
• Excellent time management skills. Ability to manage workflow and tight deadlines for multiple priorities across teams.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to accept and address creative feedback from management, partners, and talent in a constructive way and with a positive outlook
• Prior work in sports promotion is preferred, but not necessary.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxee5-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.