Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Simon & Schuster is looking for a US based, hardworking, flexible, and talented individual to provide senior-level end user support to our clients.
The Senior Technician is a partner to our business and our other IS&T teams. By understanding our technology stack and business, the Senior Technician is a subject matter expert and person whom other more junior technicians and end users can look to for support. The IT manager relies upon the senior technicians to keep the environment running. The position is responsible for supporting local and remote sites as well as participating on projects and other events.
This position requires availability for an 8 hour shift daily, between 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. This position may, at times, require weekends, and does require weekly rotational remote support for our Australia office. This position offers the potential for professional growth in terms of skills and technical knowledge.
Required Experience and Capabilities
• 7+ years customer service experience in a helpdesk environment
• 5 years or more of advanced technical support experience
• Advanced hardware and software support including desktop build imaging and configuration
• A thorough understanding of the MS-Windows O/S and endpoints, and how to provision support and maintain
• Proficient in the use of online and remote-connecting software
• Functional use with collaboration tools, conferencing systems, remote support tools, along with ticketing systems. Service Now experience is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to function in a non-scripted helpdesk environment. This position requires the ability to examine, question, explore and troubleshoot a variety of issues with the use of Zoom, MS RDP without scripted support
• Ability to translate between ''tech speak'' to ''non-tech speak'' when communicating to non-technical staff
• Excellent time and task management skills
• Hardware Inventory Management requirement
• Willing and able to learn company applications quickly and troubleshoot a wide variety of problems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English required)
• Have access to a quiet and professional appearing working location with strong internet connectivity when working remotely
• Possess proficiency in a voice-chat environment using a headset with microphone
• Proficiency with live online chat support delivery tools (Zoom, Teams, & Slack)
• Able to adhere to internal documentation requirements and time tracking
• MS-Windows 10
• Apple Mac is a plus
• MS-Office 365 and previous Office versions
• MS-Outlook connected to an Exchange Server
• Service Now ticketing and inventory
• Communication Programs: Teams, Zoom, & Slack
• Google Chrome and Internet Explorer
• Apple iOS phone and tablet support
• Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
• Applicable industry certificates, and/or equivalent experience
• On-site role located in mid-town Manhattan
• Rotational remote evening Australia support
• Monday to Friday
• Day shift
• 8-hour shift
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jzyy-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.