Senior Rights Manager (Maternity Cover - 12 months contract)
Simon & Schuster is one of the most successful global publishers in the world and the winner of Publisher of the Year 2022. Our Adult fiction list in the UK includes bestselling authors such as Philippa Gregory, Santa Montefiore, Kathy Reichs, Colleen Hoover, Graham Swift and John Irving.
Our Adult non-fiction list ranges from Number One bestsellers Bob Mortimer, Dave Grohl and Rupi Kaur to John Nichol, Laura Bates, Anita Anand and Walter Isaacson.
Simon & Schuster Children's Books is one of the UK's most vibrant and fast-growing publishers for young people.
Our children's fiction and YA list features an array of bestsellers and rising stars, from Ben Miller and Adam Silvera to Nadia Shireen, Benjamin Dean, A.F. Steadman and many more, with successful series including Dragon Realm and Dork Diaries.
Our picture book list is world-renowned and we are the proud home of the smash-hit Supertato series by Sue Hendra and Paul Linnet as well as stand-out author-illustrators such as Benji Davies, Tom Percival, Beach and Steve Small.
In addition to publishing a wide mix of literary and commercial fiction and non-fiction, and an award-winning children's list, we also provide sales and distribution services to several award-winning independent Client Publishers from the UK, USA and Australia. Some of our current client publishers include Andrews McMeel, Viz Media and Elliott & Thompson.
We have an exciting vacancy for a Senior Rights Manager to join our fast-paced and dynamic team. The Senior Rights Manager will be responsible for selling co-editions and sub-rights for Simon & Schuster Children's list (across picture books, fiction, novelties and non-fiction) to specified international territories. The Senior Rights Manager will play an important role in the rights team and the children rights division.
• To be responsible for selling co-editions and rights in specified territories and managing relationships with customers
• To maximise sales in each territory, always looking to expand our customer base and explore new sales channels
• To work closely with Editorial & Design to contribute to new acquisitions and feedback customer requirements
• To liaise with colleagues in the Production, Marketing & Publicity and Finance departments
• To attend (& organise) Book Fairs and Sales trips as required, covid restrictions permitting
• A proven track record in foreign rights sales, with extensive experience of negotiations of co-editions and rights deals within children's publishing
• Great international industry contacts
• In-depth customer knowledge and an understanding of international market trends
• A great team player with plenty of self-initiative and excellent communication skills
• Exceptional organisation and time management skills
• The role will involve international travel, and applicants should ideally speak another language
• Experience selling to the US, France and/or Spain would be an advantage (but is not essential)
Application Deadline: Monday 14th November 2022
We reserve the right to close applications early should we receive a suitable number of applications before this date. Therefore, if you are interested we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Simon & Schuster UK is an equal opportunities employer committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse workforce. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpwx4o-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.