Publicist, Atria Books
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY
The Simon & Schuster imprint is seeking a Senior Publicist to work in a very active publicity department with a dynamic publishing program, planning and executing publicity campaigns for works of non-fiction and fiction.
Key responsibilities include:
• Pitching and securing national and regional media, including print, television, online, radio and podcasts.
• Arranging and assembling multi-city book tours and author virtual appearances.
• Writing persuasive press releases, targeted pitch letters, author bios and other promotional materials.
• Creating targeted mailing lists.
• Cultivating and maintaining media relationships.
• Minimum 3 years book publicity experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Fluency with current media trends and developing promotional platforms.
• Proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative environment.
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented nature, and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats.