Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Simon and Schuster is seeking creative & high-energy Senior Publicist for the Gallery Books Group. This person will create and execute publicity campaigns for books ranging from celebrity memoir to commercial fiction to compelling nonfiction, and self-help. Interest in pop-culture is a must.
• Bring, develop and maintain strong relationships with key media and influencers
• Develop and implement title-specific publicity campaigns for frontlist titles
• Write press materials and pitch and secure media coverage (broadcast, print, online) including cover reveals & book announcements, feature interviews, reviews & round-ups in national and local media
• Build strong relationships with Gallery Books authors and agents and ensure communication across both sides as it relates to publicity efforts
• Plan and coordinate occasional author book tours and/or local area events.
• Secure speaking/signing opportunities at regional trade shows as applicable.
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Possess existing relationships with national and local media
• Experience creating and executing highly successful title-based media campaigns
• Demonstrated booking and author tour management skills
• Established network of broadcast, print and digital contacts
• Must have good time management skills, be organized and detail-oriented, and capable of multi-tasking
• Have the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently and demonstrate good follow-up and follow-through.
• Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and work flexibly and quickly
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years relevant publicity or marketing experience
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z5x7-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.