Gallery, Scout & Threshold Books is seeking an experienced marketing professional with demonstrated success in the book publishing industry and an interest in Women's Fiction, Pop Culture, Lifestyle, Politics and Memoirs.
• Conceive, develop and execute marketing campaigns, in close collaboration with authors, for 12-15 books per season.
• Communicate detailed campaign updates directly to editors, publicists, publishers, sales teams, agents, and authors. Present campaigns formally in key meetings.
• Advise authors on building and optimizing their social media presence and overall platform.
• Support social media manager's strategy for growth.
• Develop a variety of content for campaigns that includes, but is not limited to, sell-in materials for reps and accounts, social media copy and images, videos, infographics, and email copy for consumer facing promotions.
• Participate in the planning and preparation for all seasonal sales meetings.
• Coordinate marketing efforts with publicists on each campaign.
• Oversee budgets for assigned titles.
• Promote imprint titles in-house for corporate initiatives
• Engage in imprint branding efforts as needed.
• Identify opportunities for enhancing and improving Gallery Books campaigns-new tools, platforms, partners, outlets, best practices, marketing trends, etc.
• Work closely with the Gallery sales team to provide support in the form of materials, ideas, communication about developments with our books, retail opportunities, and more.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• A minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on book marketing experience- with increasing levels of responsibility for title marketing
• Experience creating compelling campaigns for both fiction and non-fiction titles
• Excellent project management, communication, budget management, organizational, prioritization and presentation skills a must
• Ability to work cross-functionally across the division and within the company and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• A positive, can-do attitude plus possesses the ability to work well with different types of personalities
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8vwpx-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.