Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Simon & Schuster seeks a Senior Marketing Manager for its flagship imprint. The Simon & Schuster imprint is home to a prestigious roster of established and emerging authors, and a distinguished list of bestselling, award-winning books. The imprint publishes across a variety categories with an emphasis on serious nonfiction – particularly history, politics, current events, and business – as well as literary and commercial fiction. The right candidate will have the ability to work independently on some projects while closely collaborating on others with multiple stakeholders; initiate and execute multitouch marketing campaigns; and be comfortable presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
Preferred candidates will have a strong understanding of the traditional and new media landscapes and high confidence level with launching organic and paid multimedia campaigns, tracking and synthesizing data, and explaining results. Strong candidates will be very familiar with a book publishing timeline - from acquisition to on-sale to backlist - and be comfortable synchronizing marketing activities throughout each phase.
S&S is seeking someone with strong initiative who can immediately take on multiple campaigns with bestseller aspirations and, in time, present bold ideas to grow the imprint's overall B2B and B2C presence. Considering the nature of the S&S publishing list and author roster, a keen understanding and interest in current events and pop culture are helpful. Strong communication skills are essential.
• Conceiving and executing multitier marketing campaigns with an emphasis on digital and social strategy
• Devising and presenting marketing campaigns and initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
• Advising authors on establishing and growing their online presence (when and where applicable) via email collection, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
• Supervising creative for ads, sales collateral, and other promotional items
• Managing paid digital/social campaigns and synthesizing data analytics
• Coordinating e-mail marketing efforts with the Simon & Schuster digital marketing group
• Developing and producing content marketing collateral, including video and editorial, and strategizing placement and amplification
• Cultivating strategic promotional partnerships
• Preparing marketing proposals for potential acquisitions;
• Working with multiple divisions, including publicity, creative services, sales divisions, etc.
• Initiating and leading strategy and planning meetings
• Basic understanding of academic marketing and how to integrate it into the overall marketing mix
• 5+ years of marketing experience in book publishing or related field
• Proven success in consumer-facing campaign planning, digital marketing, social media strategy, and talent management
• Strong understanding of the planning stages of a publishing campaign, from preorder to on-sale to lifecycle, and ability to communicate clearly about the processes and goals at each phase
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
• Confidence in presenting to internal and external stakeholders, prospective authors, and celebrities, performers, politicians, thought leaders, etc.
• Proficient with Facebook Business, Google AdWords, digital/social analytics)
• Organized, detail-oriented, collaborative, and versatile to handle a range of projects
• Understanding of the ever-evolving media landscape
• Interest in current events and pop culture
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj82ee-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.