Senior Manager, Paid Digital Media
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing is searching for a Senior Manager to oversee digital marketing efforts for the children's publishing program, specifically board books, picture books, chapter books, and middle grade. Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing is home to countless beloved authors, books, brands, and series, including Spy School, Dork Diaries, Keeper of the Lost Cities, Jason Reynolds, Lupita Nyong'o, Christian Robinson, Laurie Halse Anderson, Heidi Hecklebeck, Sandra Boynton, PJ Masks, Daniel Tiger, Peanuts, Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys.
This role is perfect for someone extremely organized, creative, detail-oriented, proactive, and communicative who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate is a team player with great problem solving and communication skills, social media management experience, and a passion for children's books.
The Senior Manager will work closely with the Digital Marketing Associate for Simon Kids on the development and execution of social and digital initiatives for S&S Children's books across imprints and categories for kids ages 0-12. This position reports to the Director of Digital & Social Marketing.
Job responsibilities include:
• Work closely with Director on parent- and kid-focused Simon Kids vertical initiatives, including but not limited to website, newsletter, and social projects
• Brainstorm, plan and manage execution of digital marketing campaigns and maintain up-to-date digital marketing plans for all children's titles
• Oversee Simon Kids social channels including but not limited to strategy development, approving/editing content calendars, monitoring channel health, optimizing creative and tactics to maximize reach and grow audience, and supporting the Simon Kids community manager
• Manage existing Simon Kids digital/social content series including Read & Learn with Simon Kids on YouTube and Snack & Read with Simon Kids on Facebook
• Report internally on Simon Kids social channel health and growth using built-in social channel insights and social listening tools on a monthly basis
• Drive strategy for and oversee creation of digital assets and content for Simon Kids social media channels
• Oversee influencer outreach for children's books
• Oversee monthly Simon Kids newsletter, including planning and executing lead generation and optimization efforts, and manage title-specific e-blasts for children's books
• Work closely with S&S Education and Library Marketing department to align social media marketing efforts to reach teachers and librarians
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• 6+ years of experience in book marketing or related field, children's book publishing preferred
• Demonstrable passion for books and reading, especially children's books, and knowledge of the children's publishing landscape, including competitive environment
• Social community management experience, enthusiasm for and knowledge of major social media platforms
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with digital analytics and social listening tools
• Proven ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines
• Extremely detail oriented
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as general computer skills
• Photoshop, InDesign, and/or HTML skills
• Project management experience, especially in content production for digital and social channels
• Photography skills
• Experience working with authors
• Experience with social advertising
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats.