Associate Director Of Publicity, Children's Books
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing seeks a Publicity Assistant to assist in the publicity campaigns for children's and young adult books, including the management of sending books to top reviewers; fulfilling review copy requests and managing media lists; writing press materials; coordinating author appearances and creating schedules; and pitching interviews.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Handling book mailings and review copy requests, including the management of a weekly digital book mailing
2. Distributing trade reviews, tracking media coverage and managing a weekly publicity report
3. Working with media contacts on seasonal and brand roundups and gift guide coverage, and monitoring general children's publicity queries on behalf of the department
4. Writing press materials and promotional materials and pitching media interviews
5. Assisting members of the publicity department with coordinating author event appearances and bookstore signings, and creating author schedules
6. Maintaining an internal publicity database by updating media contacts
7. Submitting bills to the Accounting team on behalf of the department
8. Departmental responsibilities, as needed
• Internship experience in publicity and/or publishing preferred
• Strong interest in children's and young adult books
• Proven ability to multi-task and shift priorities in a deadline-driven environment
• Effective communication skills (oral & written) for interactions with media, authors, booksellers, and internal departments
• A self-starter with the ability to work well independently as well as in collaborative team environments
• Excellent organizational skills, strategic thinking, and superb attention to detail
• Familiarity with media, news, and online organizations
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67nz0-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.