Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Simon and Schuster is seeking a creative & high-energy Publicist for Simon Element.
Simon Element publishes books addressing topics that are foundational to how we live – from the meals we eat to the relationships we nurture, the households we manage, and the personal and professional goals we set and strive to achieve. This person will create and execute publicity campaigns for books ranging from health & wellness to culinary to business and personal development – and other prescriptive nonfiction. Interest in these categories is a must.
• Bring, develop and maintain strong relationships with key media and influencers in the nonfiction space
• Develop and implement title-specific publicity campaigns for frontlist titles
• Write press materials and pitch and secure media coverage (broadcast, print, online), feature interviews, reviews & round-ups in national and local media
• Build strong relationships with Simon Element authors and agents and ensure communication across both sides as it relates to publicity efforts
• Plan and coordinate author book tours and/or local area events.
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Possess existing relationships with national and local media
• Experience creating and executing highly successful title-based media campaigns in the Simon Element categories and nonfiction space
• Demonstrated booking and author tour management skills
• Must have good time management skills, be organized and detail-oriented, and capable of multi-tasking
• Have the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently and demonstrate good follow-up and follow-through.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years relevant publicity experience
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxn9po-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.