Hiring Salary Range: $58,500.00 - 62,000.00
Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of ''America's Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.''
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards. It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories.
For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Atria is seeking a Publicist with a minimum of 3 years of book publicity experience. This person will demonstrate an expertise in publicizing fiction and non-fiction books across a variety of genres.
• Bring, develop, and maintain strong relationships with key media and journalists
• Develop and execute title-specific publicity campaigns for frontlist titles
• Write press materials, pitch, and secure media coverage (broadcast, print, digital) including book announcements, feature interviews, essay placements, reviews & round-ups in national and local media
• Build strong relationships with Atria editors and authors, maintaining excellent communication regarding the status of campaigns
• Plan and coordinate in-person and virtual author book tours and arrange author travel where needed.
• Excellent written, oral, organizational, and presentation skills
• Possess existing relationships with national and major market media
• Experience creating and executing highly successful title-based media campaigns
• Demonstrated booking and author tour management skills
• Experience publicizing works by authors from underserved/underrepresented backgrounds and communities
• Must have good time management skills, be organized and detail-oriented, and capable of multi-tasking
• Have the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently and demonstrate good follow-up and follow-through.
• Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and work flexibly and quickly
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5men7-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.