Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories.
Who are Simon & Schuster Australia?
In Australia, we publish both local and international books that make an impact on the bestseller lists and our cultural landscape. We are dedicated to bringing an extensive range of titles for adults and children, in all genres and all formats, into the hands of readers.
Our passion, agility and commitment to our authors and books made us the fastest growing publisher last year and we have continued plans for growth in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering flexible working arrangements, competitive salaries, additional superannuation, a large suite of benefits including paid parental leave, financial planning and superannuation advice, income protection and life insurance and a range of wellbeing programs. We offer a non-corporate, inclusive, friendly and collaborative environment where all voices are heard.
Simon & Schuster is dedicated to publishing a broad and diverse range of books for everyone, representative of the world around us. We are committed to working with and supporting writers, illustrators and other creative partners from all walks of life, regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, nationality, religion or belief, age, social or economic circumstance.
We are looking for a confident, innovative and self-motivated Marketing and Publicity Executive to build awareness and organise the promotion and publicity of our books and authors. This is an important position within the department and requires someone with solid previous experience, strong communication skills and the ability to adapt quickly to the changing media and marketing landscape.
If you are looking for a varied, exciting role working in a team of passionate booklovers, this could be the job for you.
You will be doing things like this:
Managing the marketing from strategy development to its creation and final execution:
• Establishing positioning, identifying target audiences, and developing multi-channel marketing campaigns that deliver sales results for books in all formats and meet KPIs across campaigns
• Liaising with our digital agency and advertisers to book suitable ad placements
• Developing social media and content strategies for books and authors when relevant
Managing targeted and effective publicity campaigns:
• Writing press releases, media alerts and press kits to secure coverage for books and authors:
• Building and maintaining relationships with media contacts and outlets to secure media coverage and understanding the inner workings of the media to ensure effective pitches
• Organising and executing author tours
• Organising and attending promotional events
• Working with the Marketing Director to implement a social media strategy
• Working with Campaign Managers to create, publish and share engaging content across relevant social media channels
• Monitor social media channels and report on their performance monthly in addition to quarterly trend analysis reports
• Communicating with followers daily
To be successful in this role, you will need the following key skills & attributes:
• 1-2 years' experience in a marketing/publicity assistant or coordinator role
• The ability to multi-task and plan meticulously
• A strong verbal and written communicator
• An innovative thinker with creative flair
• Proficiency in using Microsoft packages
• A team player with the ability to work in a small, collaborative, fast paced environment with a proven ability to meet tight deadlines
• The ability to adapt quickly to the changing media and marketing landscape
• A passion for books, with preferable experience withing the Book industry or similar industry
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g46957-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.