Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
The Marketing Operations Manager for the Children's division is responsible for providing organizational support for the Marketing department and the division. This is a key role within the department, interfacing with many internal teams including marketing, publicity, sales, corporate marketing, and sales operations. This position also handles our presence at all virtual and in-person bookseller and consumer shows, including brainstorming creative event and giveaway strategies with the wider marketing team. This position is the hub if the department, helping to keep everyone on track and provides the opportunity to work across a wide range of projects.
Key responsibilities include:
• Developing and implementing seasonal marketing due dates and critical date calendars
• Coordinating S&S Children's presence at 10+ bookseller and consumer book festivals/conventions a year, including ABA Institutes, Fall Previews, SDCC, NYCC, Yallwest, Yallfest, etc. (Virtual and in-person)
• Creating and maintaining seasonal promotional grids
• Handling regional holiday catalog advertising
• Writing copy for various marketing newsletters, brochures, and sell sheets
• Point of contact for departmental systems, works with IT on issues and upgrades
• Manages conference budget
• Coordinates sesaonal ARC mailings for accounts
• Potential travel to shows, pending Covid rules/restrictions
• Confident with Microsoft suite including Excel and PPT
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Must have previous operations or project management experience in book publishing
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current US employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpp769-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.