Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Atria Books is seeking an enthusiastic, creative and experienced Marketing Manager to work on a diverse list of blockbuster Adult fiction and platform-focused, personality-driven non-fiction titles. At Atria Books, we value diversity of voices and experiences, and work hard to ensure we cultivate an open-minded environment geared towards the exchange of new ideas for maximizing the reach and sales for each of our authors and books.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years' experience working on major commercial fiction campaigns, regularly achieving distinctions for titles including Indie Next and LibraryReads selections. Ideally, this candidate also possesses social media content creation skills and experience, is an out-of-the-box creative thinker, can strategize about marketing plans in post-publication phases as well as for pre-publication phase, and is adept in creating advertising and marketing copy for assigned titles.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning and executing title marketing plans for key priority titles and backlist (like Colleen Hoover and Taylor Jenkins Reid) as well as assisting with major bestseller campaigns. They will also take an active role in social media presence across all of the imprint platforms. The ideal candidate will have clear written and verbal communication skills, an acute attention to detail, and keen organizational skills. The Marketing Manager works closely with the imprint marketing team and reports to the Marketing Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conceptualizing and executing outreach to bookselling accounts, librarians, consumer book reviewers, book clubs, and online influencers for cross-promotion and giveaways
• Conceiving and executing multi-tier marketing campaigns, with an emphasis on digital and social strategy
• Advising authors on their online presence via email collection, social media, etc.
• Optimizing campaign outcomes via advertising plans, where appropriate, and communicating these plans with internal and external stakeholders
• Working with the rest of the marketing team on social media, including post preparation and scheduling, fan and follower interaction, and long-term strategic marketing initiatives, and partnership opportunities where appropriate
• Handling author and agent communication for each of the assigned titles, and working to create post-publication plans for key titles
• Coordinating e-mail marketing strategy, content marketing, academic marketing, and video production with the Simon & Schuster corporate digital marketing group
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Relevant experience in marketing
• Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively, and meet quick deadlines
• Superb verbal and written communication skills, and confidence in presenting to internal and external stakeholders, including prospective authors and literary agents
• Interest in and enthusiasm for book publishing and marketing
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, social media platforms, as well as general computer skills
• Understanding of the ever-evolving social and digital media landscape
• Proven success in consumer-facing campaign planning, digital marketing, and/or social media
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4j4xv-3-214-224-207-42 in your application.