Social Media Producer
New York, NY
Atria Books is currently seeking a Marketing Director. Our team is a dynamic, diverse, creative group committed to our authors and to publishing their books for maximum impact. Atria publishes a range of bestselling, and award-winning fiction and non-fiction from authors including, Jennifer Weiner, Brad Thor, Janet Evanovich, Vince Flynn, Fredrik Backman, Lisa Jewell, Janet Mock, Cleo Wade, Brian Stelter, Charlamagne Tha God, Armando Lucas Correa, Mark Lamont Hill, Reyna Grande, Rebecca Serle, Maria Hinojosa, Chasten Buttigieg, Tina Turner, Dr. David Sinclair, William Kent Krueger, and many more.
We are looking for someone with 6-8 years of experience in book marketing who has a proven record of creating successful traditional and innovative campaigns for both fiction and non-fiction titles and who can be a strong leader in the marketing department.
• Oversee a team of four marketers who work on 35-40 frontlist titles per season
• Develop marketing plans and prepare selling materials to present at monthly and seasonal sales meetings
• Work to create cohesive year-long campaigns for our branded authors from hardcover pre-publication to paperback publication and ongoing backlist efforts
• Analyze campaign metrics and report on success and growth opportunities
• Advise authors on growing their online and social media presence
• Collaborate closely with publicity, editorial, advertising, video, and corporate marketing departments
• Build brand partnerships with outside vendors and parties to expand our marketing and sales opportunities
• Maintain strong relationships with Independent booksellers and librarians
• Oversee imprint social media channels and content, with an eye toward growth and building engagement metrics
• Work closely with editors on acquisition opportunities, especially in relation to author platform assessment
• At least 6-8 years of experience in book publishing, marketing, brand management, or equivalent
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to present effectively and clearly in meetings
• Keen attention to detail
• Must be well-organized and able to prioritize and meet deadlines under pressure
• Proven success in digital marketing, social media campaigns, and social media outreach
• Must be a creative and strategic thinker, as well as assertive and persuasive
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats.