Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of ''America's Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.''
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards. It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories.
For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Simon & Schuster seeks a Marketing Associate for its flagship imprint. The Simon & Schuster imprint is home to a prestigious roster of established and emerging authors, and a distinguished list of bestselling, award-winning books. The imprint publishes across a variety categories with an emphasis on serious nonfiction – particularly history, politics, current events, and business – as well as literary and commercial fiction. This is a wonderful, immersive role for candidates at the early stages of their publishing or media careers. The coordinator role is the fulcrum of the S&S marketing department and plays a vital role for the overall imprint – keeping publishing schedules organized, managing early reader copy orders and mailings, tracking department spends, and collating materials for seasonal sales conferences.
Outside of these responsibilities, the coordinator will have the opportunity to become a major stakeholder in two vital endeavors at the imprint. The right candidate will have the opportunity to become a stakeholder in the imprint's paid and organic social media strategy. This is an excellent opportunity for someone passionate and curious about social media – creating content, disseminating it, tracking it, cultivating influencer relationships, and more. Priority candidates will have a creative vision, design instincts, and voice for the primary hubs of social media – Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, LinkedIn, YouTube, and others – and the drive to test, schedule, and report. The right candidate will also have the opportunity to help manage S&S's illustrious backlist while enterprising new ways to market them. The S&S backlist contains books by some of the most influential authors of the past 100 years, including but hardly limited to Hillary Clinton, Bob Woodward, Doris Kearns Goodwin, David McCullough, Mary Higgins Clark, Ray Bradbury, Larry McMurtry, Susan Orlean, and Walter Isaacson.
The right candidate will have the ability to work independently on some projects while others might be in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders; create, post, and optimize content; and be comfortable presenting to internal and external stakeholders while synthesizing for them qualitative and quantitative data. Strong organizational and communication skills are essential. A familiarity with a book production timeline - from acquisition to on-sale to shelf life – is a plus.
Considering the nature of the S&S publishing list and author roster, a keen understanding and interest in current events and pop culture are required. The candidate should be just as comfortable discussing a range of news topics and trends as they would be rhapsodizing about a new favorite show, album, podcast, etc. This is a golden opportunity for a junior marketer with initiative and creativity who aspires to more senior roles, a broader portfolio, and seeks to develop a professional network.
• Managing the imprint's seasonal sales material
• Coordinating allocations for inventory related to various projects
• Devising and presenting social media initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
• Advising authors on establishing and growing their online presence (when and where applicable) via email collection, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
• Creating content for dissemination across a range of social media platforms
• Assisting with marketing the S&S backlist (books older than 3 years)
• Tracking paid digital/social campaigns and synthesizing data analytics
• Coordinating e-mail marketing efforts with the Simon & Schuster digital marketing group
• Cultivating relationships with influencers
• Assisting on marketing materials for sales and marketing personnel
• Working with multiple divisions, including publicity, creative services, sales divisions, etc.
• Initiating and leading social media strategy and execution
• 1+ years of marketing experience in book publishing or related field
• Organized, detail-oriented, collaborative, and versatile to handle a range of projects
• Understanding of the planning stages of a publishing campaign, from preorder to on-sale to lifecycle, and ability to communicate clearly about the processes and goals at each phase
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
• Confidence in presenting to internal and external stakeholders, prospective authors, celebrities, performers, politicians, thought leaders, etc.
• Proficient with all major social media platforms and their respective business tools
• Curiosity about what works, what doesn't, and why relative to social media
• Understanding of the ever-evolving media landscape
• Deep interest in current events and pop culture
• Serious about building a career and aspiring to more senior roles
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvyb4w-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.