Simon & Schuster is seeking a Full Stack Developer for its established, four developer Scrum/XP team. We collaborate closely with our product team and the rest of the digital and marketing teams.
Our team contains experienced Rails developers who pair program, extensively test and deploy predictably on a weekly iteration cycle. We emphasize work/life balance, sustainable pace and collaborative feature development in a collegial environment.
Work entails creating and maintaining Ruby on Rails websites and other consumer digital products for Simon & Schuster, a leading English Language trade publisher. Position reports directly to Development Manager for Simon & Schuster Digital.
• 3-5 years professional experience working with Ruby/Rails or equivalent experience in object oriented languages such as Java, C# or PHP and willingness to learn Ruby
• Interpersonal skills to collaborate closely with cross-functional team and to communicate with executive sponsors
• Experience with Agile Extreme Programming (XP) development and Scrum lifecycle practices, or a strong desire to learn including: pair programming, test driven development, continuous integration, iterative delivery, retrospection
• Ability to work remote or on-site in Midtown Manhattan
• Great communication skills
• Troubleshooting and debugging skills with ability to diagnose complex problems
• Experience implementing semantic HTML
• Experience with website performance optimization
• Experience implementing responsive designs using Bulma and/or Bootstrap
• Experience with Linux operating system, command line and shell scripting
• Rspec, optimizing Rails/Mysql databases, Nginx, XML, ONIX for books
• Redis, NoSQL, Swift and Mac/iPhone Frameworks C#.NET, SQL Server, Elixir
• EngineYard, Amazon AWS, Google Development all a +++
• Strong interest in New Product Development a plus as well
Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of ''America's Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.''
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards. It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories.
For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
The annual salary for this position is $100,000.00 - $120,000.00
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmy9zx-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.