- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is looking for an experienced Email Marketing Manager to grow and enhance the email marketing program for our highly successful Pimsleur language learning business.
The Email Marketing Manager will have very strong technical skills and will come from a direct response & direct-to-consumer environment in which email drove acquisition growth. Previous experience with an online subscription business is a plus.
On a broader scale this role is responsible for executing the overarching CRM strategy. Specifically, the role will include managing and optimizing the email program through the use of industry best practices, creative, and precise use of data and analytics. The candidate will also be responsible for the campaign process end-to-end, including list management and segmentation, HTML coding of emails, regulatory compliance, tracking and deployment of emails using our current ESP (Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget).
The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in HTML / CSS / SQL / AMPscript and have extensive experience with campaign management and analysis.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Being responsible for the end-to-end production and deployment of emails. (including planning, targeting, segmentation, set-up, HTML coding, rendering testing, deployment and campaign reporting)
• Managing existing trigger programs (welcome, upsells, reactivation) and building additional programs to support customer lifecycle management and new subscription business
• Executing initiatives that grow the Pimsleur database through lead generation and co-registration and engage, retain, and develop a relationship with consumers
• Identifying and targeting consumer segments to optimize KPIs
• Managing email calendar to ensure campaigns are tested, approved, and scheduled in a timely manner
• Overseeing QA and A/B testing for email creative, subject lines, date/time, list segments, etc.
• Tracking and reporting performance of all email campaigns and KPIs; working closely with Senior Director of Direct Response Marketing to analyze findings, identify trends and recommend a course of action
• Understanding email consumer behavior and provide recommendations to improve strategy
• A solid understanding of and experience in direct marketing techniques and principles.
• Hands-on experience managing email campaigns and delivery through Salesforce Marketing Cloud a must
• Ability to create responsive emails and templates to ensure optimal viewing on mobile and desktop devices
• Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and/or Sketch
• Solid understanding of web analytics tools (Google Analytics) and email metrics, benchmarks, and KPIs
• Understanding of database logic with the ability to hand-code SQL (intermediate level) strongly preferred.
• Self-starter with strong communication skills that can multi-task and flourish in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team in remote locations
• 5 years' experience working on a direct response marketing team is strongly preferred.
• Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Specialist certification desirable
• Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
• Past content marketing experience desirable
Simon & Schuster
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats.