Senior Editor, S&S Books
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY
Saga Press, the award-winning publisher of innovative fantasy, horror, and science fiction is currently seeking an Editor with a proven track in acquiring, editing, and dynamic thinking. This position, reporting to the Editorial Director, offers a great opportunity to work with a collaborative team of highly motivated and creative folks looking to lead the field.
• Acquire approximately 3-6 titles per year, and edit 3-5 books previously acquired for Saga's list
• Read submissions, prepare profit and loss statements, research comp titles, and provide justification memos for potential acquisitions
• Draft jacket copy, tip sheets, and launch materials
• Handle all aspects of manuscript transmission to Production
• Communicate with authors and agents throughout the entire production process as well as post pub
Candidate should have a passion for fantasy, horror, and science fiction with 3+ years of experience in book publishing, and will edit 8-10 books annually.
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats.