Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing is searching for a Director, Digital Marketing to develop digital marketing strategies and implement digital and social media initiatives for the children's division across all categories and imprints.
This position leads a team of six to increase discoverability, raise awareness, and drive sales for 300+ key titles per year among parents, kids, educators, and teens via digital and social channels; supervises the management of two centerpiece digital verticals (Riveted by Simon Teen and Simon Kids) across all major social media platforms, website, video, and email; and oversees outreach to parent, educator, and YA influencers.
Job responsibilities include:
• Day to day management of the digital marketing team, including support, coaching, and professional development for all team members
• Establishing digital marketing goals for department, verticals and titles and designing strategies to achieve them
• Overseeing the brainstorming, creation, and execution of digital marketing plans across all age categories
• Supervising the planning, trafficking, optimization, and reporting of social advertising campaigns
• Reviewing performance of digital and social media channels with the team and supporting senior managers in creating strategies for optimizing performance
• Driving lead generation efforts to build email databases for target audiences
• Researching and exploring emerging platforms, technologies, best practices, and trends and developing new ideas and strategies for leveraging them to reach goals
• Creating and improving processes for managing workflow and bandwidth
• Supporting marketing, publicity, and education and library marketing teams by providing opportunities for integration and amplifying efforts
• Working closely with corporate marketing, video, and technology teams to develop content and online destinations, and to promote children's titles via tentpole corporate placements and campaigns
• Providing digital and social media best practices to authors and illustrators
• Driving internal communications efforts to inform editorial, sales, marketing, publicity and other stakeholders on departmental accomplishments and developments
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• 7+ years of job experience in social media or marketing role, children's publishing preferred
• Understanding of and passion for digital marketing and social media, and a high comfort level with all major platforms (Instagram Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube, Facebook, etc.)
• Demonstrable knowledge of the children's and YA publishing landscape, including competitive environment
• Management experience
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Extremely detail oriented
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
ViacomCBS believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, ViacomCBS requires COVID-19 vaccines for current US employees, including all newly hired employees. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
▼Click for more details
As ViacomCBS begins the process of returning to the office in the US, there are a few key dates to keep in mind
• The first dose of the Moderna vaccine should be no later than November 29.
• The first dose of the Pfizer vaccine should be no later than December 6.
• The J&J vaccine should be administered no later than December 27.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpq7n-54-165-57-161-42 in your application.