Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Pimsleur Language Programs, a division of Simon & Schuster Audio and ViacomCBS, is looking for an experienced Digital Product Manager to take the highly successful Pimsleur subscription to the next level.
Candidates looking to work remotely will be considered.
The digital product manager will be well versed in leading product planning, feature development and execution of mobile apps for IOS and Android. Voice application development (Alexa, Google Assistant, Cortana) is a plus. The product manager will work with Editorial, in-house developers and outside vendors to create best-in-class language learning features, and will manage day-to-day tasks to execute from concept through launch to post-launch analysis.
Other responsibilities include:
• Execute product roadmap planning and scheduling
• Coordinate communication between in-house stakeholders and multiple external vendors
• Manage Jira ticketing system and release priorities for outside vendors
• Manage monthly app releases, including prioritization, Q/A and UAT testing
• Work with content team to translate language learning content into an engaging user experience and defined requirements.
• Work with content team to lead ideation and development of new enhancements to improve consumer engagement, retention, and language learning.
• Lead and mange user testing and A/B testing of new features and functionality.
• Work with analyst on event reporting and user engagement metrics
• Develop product enhancements and improvements based on customer feedback.
• Response to customers in app store ratings and coordinate issue resolution with Customer Service.
• Work with Ecom manager on in-app purchasing improvements, testing and requirements.
• Lead user acceptance testing and quality assurance. Management of off-shore resources in multiple time-zones required.
The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in managing mobile software development, and bring a track record of successful app product management that drives customer engagement, user satisfaction and customer retention. Experience with Apple's App store, Google Play, Alexa, Google Assistant and their respective policies and procedures is a must
• 5-7 years' experience working on mobile app product management and/or voice technology.
• Familiarity with app store policies and requirements
• Experience with agile development methodologies.
• Ability to translate business and language learning goals into product features and requirements.
• Ability to interpret customer engagement data and translate into a product development roadmap geared toward improving engagement.
• Experience driving subscription retention and customer satisfaction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Foreign language knowledge a plus.
Educational Background: Bachelor's or technical degree in a software development, computer science or the like.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxebp-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.