Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Simon & Schuster is currently seeking a Contact Center Customer Service Representative to join our Team. This position will support our internal, external customers and clients with accurate, timely and efficient customer service and order processing.
• Answer and respond to customer calls and emails throughout the day providing customer support for the company.
o Manage customer information needs (availability, shipping status, etc.)
o Respond to customer with pertinent product and/or company marketing information.
o Use available resources to track and trace orders and provide proof of delivery documentation.
o Promptly & accurately enter orders
• Provide proactive education of our customers on our policies, procedures, and products to enhance the customer experience.
• Communicate with other departments internally and with outside sources to get answers and give quality service to our customers.
• Outbound calls to contact customer to clarify orders prior to processing by Order Entry.
• Update completed orders following company procedures and policies by use of Order Management
• Suggest appropriate tools for customer self-help, such as online portal, automated invoice and credit emails, etc.
• Provide support to customers using our online system, responding to product/order questions and redirecting technical questions as appropriate.
• Representative will assist with special projects as needed.
• College 2 or 4 year degree preferred or commensurate business experience
• 1 – 2 years Call Center and Customer Service experience, particularly in a corporate environment
• Excellent PC skills. Microsoft Office package (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc) (SAP experience a plus)
• Must be able to construct and maintain simple spreadsheets in MS Excel
• Professional telephone and email etiquette
• Excellent communication skills: verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Well organized, with good time management and follow-up skills
• Ability to multi-task
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday-Friday 9:30am-6:00pm
SCHEDULED WORK HOU
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8737x-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.