Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of ''America's Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.''
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards. It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories.
For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing is looking for a Marketing Associate to develop and execute marketing plans for our Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, Atheneum Books for Young Readers, Beach Lane Books, and Paula Wiseman Books imprints, including frontlist and backlist efforts. The ideal candidate will be an excited, innovative self-starter with a passion for children's books looking to take the next step in their publishing career. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, this position will work on a wide range of acclaimed and bestselling titles across picture book, graphic novel, middle grade, and YA categories.
Specific duties include:
• Collaborate with team to develop and implement creative, sales-driven campaigns, including acting as point person for assigned titles and programs
• Work closely with Senior Director and Managers on key titles and other projects
• Coordinate with internal departments, including marketing, publicity, digital, education & library, ad/promo, editorial, and sales
• Maintain seasonal advertising grids, working closely with corporate to book all trade, ed/library, and consumer advertising and work with team to track campaign results
• Copywriting for sell sheets, ads, and other marketing materials
Required skills / knowledge:
• Previous experience: Must have at least 3-4 years of experience in children's publishing or a related field
• Organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize in a deadline-driven environment
• Ability to work independently
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Creative approach to problem solving
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g325y5-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.